Need Advice Here

SK_BlownThunder

Recently my synchro in my stock 1990 SC 5-speed just gave away. I barely raced it this summer since I got it on the road and for some reason, the synchro just decided not to work anymore. It is mostly the worst coming out of first and into second, but the rest of the gears seem fine.

When I take the tranny out to replace it, I plan to possibly throw in some downtubes in place of the cats off the stock manifolds. On a tight budget, what is the best mod to do next being the tranny will probably be out of the car? I was thinking a light-weight driveshaft or something. I don't know if it is worth it but should I be putting in a tranny cooler on a standard or do you need one? As well, somebody told me to put in a fiber synchro. I am assuming this means a carbon fiber one, right? They are probably good for reducing shift time than the stock brass one but this is still my daily driver, so a fiber one may not stand up as long as the brass. Unless there is anything else out there, I need opinions.

As well, if anyone has a stock or close to stock SC that lives about the same elevation as Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada. I would really like to know what they get for boost on the stock pulley and supercharger early model. I am getting around 7-10 psi, 10 if I really give'er on a day that is 68 - 77 F. Any hotter than that and I swear I lose power. How much can I get an intercooler fan for and where?

If anyone can help or give suggestions, please do. Thanks,
Brett

Back