!!92 blower on a 94-95!!

Turbong2001

I have a motor from a 92 siting around in my garage. Will my blower, mas air, TB and injectors work on my friends 94 sc with out any problems like codes or any thing untill he gets a better set up. He bought car without upper half.

Should all be fine. The only thing is maybe the injectors but I'm not even sure if they will be an issue. Everything else is okay.

As long as you use the inlet for the 89-93 (92-93 prefered because of vacuum routing) it will bolt right up without any problems. If you have an earlier inlet plenum the vacuum lines will need to be routed a little different.

Jeff

Jeff is right about the vacuum lines, but one other thing that you have to find is an early plenum with the EGR.

Otherwise a chip with EGR delete and a bung will fix the EGR issue that will arise from using a plenum without the EGR on an EGR equiped car.

I've got an '89 auto...had EGR
Bought a '94 supercharger...had to reroute vacuum lines to get it to work right.
Bought a '92 SC...swapped blower, but no EGR...I had the port completely filled in and then ported back out for a larger TB. No isssues with vacuum lines on this one.

If I'm not mistaken, I fixed the '89 inlet plenum so it has the same vacuum lines as a later model and has the EGR. If your buddy needs it to get it to work, drop me a PM.

You may run into codes with the MAF/injectors. The MAF is the same from a '91 (I think) and up. However, in '94 they changed injectors to 36 lb'ers instead of the previous 30 lb'ers. The tables are in the EEC, so it will need a chip to run properly. It will probably run, but I wouldn't push it. A chip is roughly $300 and a dyno will (with the tune) would help out much more. You'd then be looking at close to $400~ for a dyno tune. Small price to pay to make sure that you don't blow an engine up.

I have never seen a inlet plenum without the EGR fitting, the ones that haven't had EGR had a blockoff plate.

I assure you, there are plenums without the EGR fitting. Any block-off plate means the plenum came from an EGR equipped car.

My '92 plenum ended up at a friends shop. I'll see if I can get a hold of it again...if he still has it now. Then I'll snap a couple pics.

007_SuperCoupe said:
I assure you, there are plenums without the EGR fitting. Any block-off plate means the plenum came from an EGR equipped car.

My '92 plenum ended up at a friends shop. I'll see if I can get a hold of it again...if he still has it now. Then I'll snap a couple pics.

Interesting... my car is all stock, and it has a block off plate.... and the car has never had EGR cause its an '90 auto, and the plenum is original as well.

Frit

J57ltr said:
I have never seen a inlet plenum without the EGR fitting, the ones that haven't had EGR had a blockoff plate.
The inlet plenum off my 92 didn't have an EGR port, period. I'm sure it's the rarest inlet plenum :rolleyes: I had to make my EGR block off plate when I bought the MP inlet plenum, since neither my original or new MP inlet plenums had one.

007_SuperCoupe said:

That's fine I have just never seen one. All the cars I have seen without EGR had a blockoff plate. I have about 3 or 4 blockoff plates. Post a pic as I am sure they are rare.

Jeff

Back