Fuel tanks

SK_BlownThunder

I am looking to do my synchro on my tranny soon and I need some advice if anyone could help. Is it possible to swap the newer style gas tank into my stock 1990 SC 5-speed? If so, what is a decent price to pay for one. Also, is the mounting and fuel pump basically the same, or do I have to modify a bit. I plan to redo the exhaust also but would like to install newer tank for more room. Do I have to use the tank from a newer style SC or do the LX and the rest of the newer models all have the same tank?

Just wondering so I know where to look.

Thanks, Brett.

Any 92'- 98 MN12 will work. Stay away from 92' as some of them had defects that caused the baffles to break loose. You will also need the tank straps. When I bought mine it came out of a 97' Cougar with an allen supercharger kit with a 190lph pump. I paid $200 for the tank, straps, pump with pickup, and wiring harness.

Jeff

I sell the 92-97 style tanks with straps for $50, but they are a pickup only item, as I will not ship a fuel tank.

The 92+ tank will bolt right in place on your car using the 92-97 straps. You can use a tank from any 92-97 MN12.

-Rod

geigerb said:
What is the lph on the stock pump sit around? Where are you located in order to pick one up?

I believe that the stock SC pump is rated at 110 lph. I'm just south of St. Louis, in Imperial, MO.

-Rod

Back