will this get me 12's

73533XR7

i need to know if all of this will get my 90 XR7 automatic into high 12's and if not i would like to know what it would get me

so far i havent done anything to the car. my plans are the royal purple treatment-oil, tranny, diff, and a bottle or two of purple ice. i plan to have the exhaust go from the stock manifolds down to dump right out of gutted stock cats and possibly flowmasters immediately after the cats depending on how it sounds. 8'' pull and 10" push fans on the intercooler, a shift kit with manual control from where i dont know yet. then, <10 lb. racing buckets, remove all sound insulation i can and replace carpet, remove the power antenna motor, seat belt motors. after the the weight reduction im gonna lower it however much i need to and get nitto 555 255s. after that i'll get a k&n cone air filter and have tubing that goes from under the fenderwell to bring cold air to the filter in where the stock airbox was. 70 or 75 mm throttle body, maf, and tubing in between them. then im going to go for some type of chip or microtuner and then the snow performance kit for our cars. after that i'll hopefully have the heads ported somewhat liberally and while im at it get a good metal head gasket. then, underdrive pulleys, aluminum jackshaft pulley, and a 5% supercharger pulley all from scp. i am shooting to have 315 hp(?) and 415(?) torque with a 3300 lb car. i am planning on keeping boost levels below 15 psi. also, what spark plugs and injectors will i need for this setup?

I would suggest searching on some of the various mods you are mentioning and read some of the previous recommendations. You're going to need more HP and through a wider range to break into the high 12'vs

You can look at the top SC list and see the mods that got some of those guys the times they posted.

For sure you will need new, larger exhaust. A bigger fuel pump, bigger injectors, and at the very minimum ported exhaust manifolds. Then you'll need to do something about the intake side of things.

If you are patient it may end up that switching from a M90 Eaton to a Whipple style Screw compressor will be able to give you the most bang for the buck. There will be quite a few on the road later this year I believe.

Those mods would only give you 315 hp if you were 5 km below sea level.
Try Ebay for a 94/95 Blower/Plenum, I found a Blower/Plenum & a 10% pulley for $350

This will get you 12's. ;)

435dynoa.jpg

:D

That would be low 12's on street tires.

I am assuming if Chris Wise could run 11.90's on 393rwhp 445 rwhp should put you mid 11's.

Scott Long said:
That would be low 12's on street tires.

I am assuming if Chris Wise could run 11.90's on 393rwhp 445 rwhp should put you mid 11's.

That's what happens when you make assumptions. :p Internet racing won't get you anywhere.

I dont know but if you look at mustangs they are getting into the high 12s with just about 300rwhp and drag radials. So theoretically if you were to put your XR7 on a diet to make it weight as close to a mustang, get 300rwhp or more, get at the very minimum 3.73 gears and some nice drag radials it could be done. You will likely need more power but its all trial and error from there. Good luck on your guest. BTW, getting all the sound deadening out of our cars is a roal pita.

Shane

Randy your supposed to play along. Sparky should put an auto in that, run 11's, then pull it back out.

I don't need an auto knucklehead. I was 450 miles from home. I didn't feel the need to beat the tar out of it under those conditions. Even if you had shown up I would have still made you look silly even shifting like a "grandpa".

Grasshopper. :rolleyes:

quick35th said:
I dont know but if you look at mustangs they are getting into the high 12s with just about 300rwhp and drag radials. So theoretically if you were to put your XR7 on a diet to make it weight as close to a mustang, get 300rwhp or more, get at the very minimum 3.73 gears and some nice drag radials it could be done. You will likely need more power but its all trial and error from there. Good luck on your guest. BTW, getting all the sound deadening out of our cars is a roal pita.

Shane

Shane,

From what I've observed over the past few years. The average weight SC/XR7 when dyno measured and racing at elevations within 1000 ft. of sea level, with decent traction, moderate temps and no wheel hop will run as follows.

300rwhp = high 12s
400rwhp = high 11s
500rwhp = high 10s

David

David Neibert said:
Shane,

From what I've observed over the past few years. The average weight SC/XR7 when dyno measured and racing at elevations within 1000 ft. of sea level, with decent traction, moderate temps and no wheel hop will run as follows.

300rwhp = high 12s
400rwhp = high 11s
500rwhp = high 10s

David

Wait now david now you are confusing me. Are you trying to say that this guy is going to have no problems getting to the high 12s with about 300rwhp and good traction (he should have no wheel hop since he is using an AOD) and without stripping it?

Shane

Shane, you are always confused.

Good luck getting 300rwhp out of an AOD car. Those who have done so have a lot of money in them. To run 11's you need not only 400rwhp but a chassis set up to do it and a transmission that will live.

12's in any SC is an accomplishment that which, until you have actually done it, you can have no idea what you are talking about. There are many 300rwhp SC's which have barely graced the 13's never mind 12's.

i am shooting to have 315 hp(?) and 415(?) torque with a 3300 lb car. i am planning on keeping boost levels below 15 psi.
And this is not going to happen.

LOL! Dave I know I have been really confused in the past as to what I wanted to build but not anymore. Its all figured out.

Shane

Couple of points. Dave does not shift like a granny. His car on slicks spun the tires all the way thru first and second. Low 11 car with 12 second tires.

Back