Problems with 95 5-speed...need answers

SilverBullitt

well, went to the track last weekend...ran in the 1/8th mile...I had bad wheel spin and wheel hop but when I regained traction, plus for some reason, I am getting real bad belt slip at 4000 rpms+ on my SC pulley...yet I still ran a 9.9 in the 1/8th. The second run, I removed my small k/n cone filter because it was dirty and when I took off I snapped my halfshaft(the fat one on the right side)...and I was not running slicks...just street tires and I launched around 1750 rpms. Here are my questions:

1. Why am I getting belt slippage on my Supercharger belt? It is a new belt and it is on there good and tight with the tensioner having lots of room to go still and I am running a 5% alluminum OD pulley. Could it be my stock intercooler not flowing enough or could it be I need a better flowing filter being it is kinda small? I get about 13 psi at 4000 rpms then it backs off to 10 when the belt slips and stays that way to redline.

2. I broke my halfshaft on the right side...Do these wear out at the joints alot(thats where it broke)? Am I ok with replacing it with another stcok halfshaft from an SC? Or do I need to look for a stronger one?

Any help would be appreciated...thanks guys.

Here is what I am running
95 SC 5-speed
3.27 gears
Open exhaust...gutted cats...not resonator or mufflers...just pipe
5% od pulley
3/4" raised top
CAI in fender...Conical MAF 6" diameter...open front in front of filter as well.
Intercooler fan

GoodYear Gatorbacks are the only belt i will run on a SC. If it was a cheap Napa belt or something like that they will slip like crazy. Im not a SC expert but i think you might have problems finding a new half-shaft. Unless you get it from ford it will be a reman shaft. I have about 45% luck with reman halfshaft lasting on little granny driven hondas. There are 1-2 good brands of reman shafts but they will never be stronger then a new OEM.

Raxles

BKB said:
Im not a SC expert.......................... but i think you might have problems finding a new half-shaft. Unless you get it from ford it will be a reman shaft. I have about 45% luck with reman halfshaft lasting on little granny driven hondas. There are 1-2 good brands of reman shafts but they will never be stronger then a new OEM.
I guess you never heard of RAXLES, huh?

www.raxles.com

Check out their warranty. If you break it, they will replace it. Mine were $500 even, shipped to my door. You'll have to call them for Supercoupe axles.

68COUGAR

Like i said there are 1-2 good reman places around. At 1:30 am i couldn't think of the names of them.

would I be ok using a halfshaft from a lincoln mark 8 or a4.6 sport? I know I have a fat shaft on that side but It wouldn't make a diference if the joints are the same size right?

Back