ABS conversion

Scour_king

Does changing the ABS system over to conviential brakes still let you retain the Automatic Ride Control or will it be disabled as well. I am thinking of changing over my 95 to non abs as I am starting to have troubles with mine and I would like to keep the ARC system operable if at all possible.

Scour_king said:
Does changing the ABS system over to conviential brakes still let you retain the Automatic Ride Control or will it be disabled as well. I am thinking of changing over my 95 to non abs as I am starting to have troubles with mine and I would like to keep the ARC system operable if at all possible.

James,
I can't answer your question, but it's good to see you on here. How's my old car?

Mike its currently down..... The drivers side lower ball joint broke. I got brand new Moog upper and lower control arms with new joints. I went on and ordered the poly front end kit from Rich at mn12 performance and replaced the new stock bushings on the control arms with the poly and also I replaced all the other bushing except for the driver side sway bar and the shock bumpers and rack. I am going to replace the springs and get new Illuminatra shocks and will do those then as well as change the rack on it. with the car being 10 now I am replacing entire sections at once when funds permit. Its a damn good car and deserves to be taken care of right. I am just kinda restoring everything to keep it in as close to top shape as possible. On all the high age stuff that time tends to eat away at. I figure I will do the dr. sway and rack when I do the overhaul on the engine. I am waiting on an ABS speed sensor for the drivers side to comp[lete the job and then go get it alined. Its doing great I am having a few intermitent brake problems with the ABS but I need to get in the shop manual and diagnose the exact cause. How is your beast doing . I try and keep track of your posts and progress on it.

Last edited:
It's been a MOST frustrating spring thus far, but I think it'll finally be right this Friday. I got it running in late April after the problem with the coupler in my magnaported blower, but I've been chasing lean codes for the last few weeks. I'm getting it tuned properly Friday by a local tuner recommended by XR7 Dave. Sorry to hear about your suspension woes, but it sounds like you're on top of it. I remember when I sold it to you that I thought there might be something wrong with one of the ABS sensors. I had felt an occasional popping in the brake pedal.
Keep in touch. It's good to keep up on her condition. I miss her!

Back