No sound left side - With Aftermarket Radio

Hosmer79

I recently took out the factory sub, amps, and JBL speakers. I replaced the speakers and used the amp bypass to get them working. When I bought the car it had a newer Sony head unit(52x4).

Everything worked with the system fine when I got it until the sub crapped out. After seeing the selection of replacement speakers for the factory sub I decided to just replace all 4 speakers and see how it sounded without a sub. Hooked everything up and it sounded much better and louder than before. Still might get a sub in there though.

The next time I drove the car (2 days later), I had no sound out the left speakers. I've checked the amp bypass and speaker connections with all of them being fine.

Any suggestions on what it might be? (Hopefully not the head unit). I'm going to check the wires with a multi meter tonight if I have time to make sure there's not a short somewhere in the lines all of the sudden. Is there any fuse that may cause only one side of the speakers to cut out?

Also what wires do I need to tap into to use the factory sub and sub amp without the other factory amp. I have the wiring diagrams but I need to have it explained to me still because I'm dumb.

Thanks again!

Last edited:
Hosmer79 said:
I recently took out the factory sub, amps, and JBL speakers. I replaced the speakers and used the amp bypass to get them working. When I bought the car it had a newer Sony head unit(52x4).

Everything worked with the system fine when I got it until the sub crapped out. After seeing the selection of replacement speakers for the factory sub I decided to just replace all 4 speakers and see how it sounded without a sub. Hooked everything up and it sounded much better and louder than before. Still might get a sub in there though.

The next time I drove the car (2 days later), I had no sound out the left speakers. I've checked the amp bypass and speaker connections with all of them being fine.

Any suggestions on what it might be? (Hopefully not the head unit). I'm going to check the wires with a multi meter tonight if I have time to make sure there's not a short somewhere in the lines all of the sudden. Is there any fuse that may cause only one side of the speakers to cut out?

Also what wires do I need to tap into to use the factory sub and sub amp without the other factory amp. I have the wiring diagrams but I need to have it explained to me still because I'm dumb.

Thanks again!

i have the same problem with my right side!!!

Back