AOD tech questions

SilverFox

Hey guys hav a few inquiries:

1) ANyone have a fluid diagram of how the AOD main control works? Or what book you have has it in it?

2) Also looking for a diagram that shows the location and function of each valve....or a book that shows this.

3) Looking to extend my 2nd gear on the AOD - can I space or stretch the 2-3 capacity valve spring to achieve this?

4) To eliminate the case bore accumulators do I remove the spring and leave the pistons in or out? What if I spaced the pistons all the way up solid?

5) I have discovered that if you lower your TV pressure and install a Sonnax Boost valve you get easy downshifts (non laborous peddel). Since the boost valve increases base line pressure you should not run into low tv pressure related problems. BUT you will have less firm shifts correct? If the mentioned is true, can I increase the hole size (or eliminate the accumulators like mentioned) to compensate for the firmness?

6) Is the transgo High Rev kit an aftermarket part or a Ford Part? Is there a way to increase shift points by drilling (lightening) the gov fly body?

7) Where is the OD band fluid exhuast cicuit - the band does not release fast enough and binds on 4-3 downshift.

Back