Drivers power seat problem

FearThis SC

I have all functions in the drivers seat except forward and backwards? The same knob works for the up and down, but wont work for forward and backwards. Any clue what I might check to get it to work? Thanks.

There are seperate contacts for each position so like a mirror switch it might be bad.

Jeff

PS we had a girl.

Congrads Jeff.

So what is the details? Name? Weight? Very cool, welcome to fatherhood!

PS Can I clean the contact or is it a switch to get the seat to work?

Although I have never taken one apart I have taken apart tons of other switches. Most of the time
you can take them apart and clean them with a emery board (borrow one from your wife, she’ll
love it). It doesn’t take much to clean a contact, so don’t go overboard. Then use some grease in
there (you will probably find some already there).

Thanks Calvin

Renee Marie
6-4-05
13:16
7# 6oz
she has hair like her Daddy, tons of it and all over the place.

Sounds simple enough, do you have a switch in the garage let over from the white SC? Would be great to crack one open and let me know what I need to do....If not no biggie. I will let you know what happens!

Beautiful Name.......
I hope your helping with the 2am wake-ups, LOL, who am I kidding, I know your not. Tell the wifey congrads....I will be your way in a few weeks on business, I will make it a point to drive to Bingle Ave from Lake Jackson or Winnie!

FearThis SC said:
I have all functions in the drivers seat except forward and backwards? The same knob works for the up and down, but wont work for forward and backwards. Any clue what I might check to get it to work? Thanks.
On mine I had gunk and rust in the channels the seat rides on, cleaned that out and lubricated them and it worked good

The motors can also wear out. I cleaned the rails and lubed it all up on the 93 tbird and while the move, the motor still struggles against any load.

The seats are really easy to pull and clean up though. A couple wire harnesess, four bolts and the puppies come right out.

Thanks for the suggestions. I will just remove the seat and have a look. What puzzles me is all the buttons work and the knob that controls up and down works great. But that same knob that controls forward and backwards does nothing.....so do ya think it is gunk'd up or something that simple?

the switch could be shot. If you don't hear the motor trying at all, I'm guessing a shot switch. But ya never know.

Back