well its running

midgetchaser

well finished headgaskets and the car runs. besides headgaskets i got the heads resurfaced, 3 angle valve job, i gave it a tune up and added headers. this thing is so loud it is rediculous. So i was feeling proud after finishing this project i decided to drive it home. on my way I got on it for a second or two just to c if i did everything right, casue if it breaks then i obviously did something wrong, well that was fine it was just really loud. but i was half way home doing about 40 at around 1700 to 2000 rpms and it started studdering. it studdered 4 or 5 times and the CEL light came on. after that it was fine the whole way home but the CEl was on the whole time. the only things that are still wrong wiht the car is that the transmission is almost on its way out (ill give it 3 more months max) and it wasnt idling perfect. It would idle around 800-1000 and somtimes would drop below for a few seconds but come back up or it would go really high then come back down. anyone have any input of why it studdered like that?

If one of your oxygen sensors isint plugged in, it'll make the cel light up after 5 minutes, it might also make it run sloppy as you describe, and show up as running lean when you check for codes.

Back