Boost control???

Booster

Hey! It's me again...
I'm in the process of making a N/A 3.8 into a SC 3.8, 'cause some Moron swapped in a wimpy 3.8 aftr blowing up the SC part. I'm about ready to start the transformation, but was wondering about any boost control devices, software, firmware or hardware.
I have an '85 TurboCoupe that's dependent on it's EEC-4, gating, valving and the 15 to 10 lbs boost routine, depending on gear I'm in, and was wondering about the SC and how the boost is controlled?
I have been averaging about 2000 miles a week in my work and have not had time to research this particular engine and it's foibles yet. I am chomping at the bit to get this beautiful blue '93 SC auto back to it's original power curve, but don't want to blow it in the process. I have talked with a few drivers locally that say it's all in the pedal, but thought I'd put it out to the guys that know for sure. If I'm cruising at 80 MPH with little or no load, what controls the boost? If I''ve been living in the turbo world too long, set me straight!

Thanks in Advance!

They are right. It's all in the foot. There is no boost control other than pulley sizes. Pull your octane plug (small "pill") found attached to the EEC diagnostic connector under the hood. It's hard to find but it's there.

Other than that, be sure to avoid boost at rpms' below 2500.

Good luck!

XR7 Dave said:
They are right. It's all in the foot. There is no boost control other than pulley sizes. Pull your octane plug (small "pill") found attached to the EEC diagnostic connector under the hood. It's hard to find but it's there.

Other than that, be sure to avoid boost at rpms' below 2500.

Good luck!

Thanks SparKy! If I shave the heads about .025" In. to get them sealable, Is this gonna be a detonation problem if my foot gets heavy? Man. I'm kinda gun-shy, and I haven't even torn it down yet...

Back