vibration...

ThePikey

well today my 90 SC has started a nasty vibration when driving on the highway. the last time this happened to me ( a 90 mustang convert) i had managed to crack and spin the balancer requiring a new crank, balancer and other parts.

besides that and out of balance wheels (which im doubting) any other suggestions. it doesnt seem to do it at lower speeds (or its just not as noticable)

By all means, check those U-joints! Get it on a rack tomorrow and make sure they're not the problem. Lost my front one about 24 miles from the hacienda and wiped out the tailshaft housing. It was a LONG and SLOW ride home at 12-14mph on the feeder road. No kiddin', 12-14mph, any faster and it just about shook the rocks outa my head!

'bird

wow... when things go bad on these cars they really decide to go bad in groups...

anyway took the car to a local mechanic today... turns out left inner tie rod is bad, both rear hub bearings are bad and both rear upper bushings are bad... on top of that busted betls in one rear tire.... and the damn place wanted $1500 to fix it all....

so looks like im gonna be working all weekend... local parts shop can get me all the parts and press in the new bearings for a whopping $269 plus tax... so all that should be left come tuesday is new tires and alignment...

Back