Car dies

pepito6SC

My 92 SC is acting weird. For some reason when I hit the throttle and then release, the engine drops below normal idle and sometimes dies. It doesn't happen all the time though. it is intermittent. What could it be? IAC? TPS? Sometimes when idling the rpms fluctuate slightly. Any help would be apreciated! THX.

have you checked for vaccum leaks? maybe motor mounts are shot! I do not think it is the IAC, and you can check the voltage of the TPS to see if it is correct( I dont remember how though!). check those things and get back to us.

Not mounts

I replaced the mounts about 6 mnts ago w/solid one and they are fine. How do you check the TPS or IAC ? THX.

well the IAC usually is associated with high RPM's and a load howling noise. For the TPS you have to use a voltmeter and probe the wires that come off the TPS, but I am not sure of the proceedure. You might post a new thread about that. Also check for those damn vaccum leaks!

THX a lot boostman. i will check for vac leaks first and then the TPS. I will let you know the outcome. THX!

Back