I ruined my SC!!!

J

jpaitala

I was trying to fix the interior lights on my SC on my front yard just a moment ago. The yard is inclined and I was lain half way out of the car and looking at the electric cables behind the steering wheel. Then I turned the power on and car started to roll towards the street, I jumped into the car as fast as I could but I was late big time. The door got hit by a fence pole and it turned all the way forward. It almost hit the wheel and the front fender got crushed also.
So it's real bad now, looking horrible... The door wont evenclose. I have to call the insurance company tomorrow morning to see what they have to say about it. Hopefully they fix it....

I'm real sad now. :( :( :(

DOH
tn_homer.gif

Man that sux big time....sorry to hear..I hope the insurance works out for you.
Sounds like something that would happen to me!
-Jeff
:(

Yikes

Very sorry to hear J.P. But...everything bad in life is a learning experience that makes us a bit better off next time we're in a similar situation. Good luck.

P.S. Make sure they get that paint right this time so you don't need it wetsanded afterwards.

I went to the insurance company today and they were very nice to me, it felt a little better. The inspector checks my SC tomorrow morning at 0900 and then we'll see what's going to happen. Hopefully they'll pay the fixing...

The inspector checked my SC just a moment ago and gave me "paper" that states that the insurance company will pay the bills. :D
The estimate was 2000USD but it doesn't matter if it climbs up from the price of the parts (like new door, front fender, etc).
The only problem is that it's quite difficult to get parts for SC in here(Finland). So hopefully I don't have to wait for very long...

I'll post pictures of the door next week when I get them(pics) from development.

Many of the body parts are exactly the same as the Tbird LX or the Mercury. It may not be as hard as you think.

I went to the body shop yesterday to see what's the situation with my car. And I can say I was lucky, the spare parts were found from Finland so they're on the way now. So the parts will be at the shop this week and next week they'll start to do it, so 2 weeks from now and I should be able to drive my SC again!!! :D
I can't wait, what have you guys done when waiting yours to be fixed??

jpaitala said:
I can't wait, what have you guys done when waiting yours to be fixed??

Still waiting to get mine fixed, its been laid up for about 2 months now. and the end isnt anywhere near. what have i done, surfed the internet alot.

Back