a bit of relief

Kyler

Well I got my Cougar back from Ford yesterday, ended up spending a good chunk of change but owell, ***** fixed now. Anyway one of the major concerns I had was this rattling you could hear under the car during acceleration, as it turns out you could only hear this rattling after driving the car for a few hours aka (after is heats up a bit). Anyway, I'm driving around last night for a while and notice that I can hearing **** stupid rattling again so I get out and take a closer look and realized the y-pipe I got installed in place of the resonator had a crack in the weld. Also, this rattling you hear when put the gas down and let off was coming from one of my cats? As if theres a build up of stuff inside.

Anyway, later that night I went driving again and to my suprise, my exhaust sounds a hell of alot different, and the rattling was gone. In the car it sound deepers and cleaner and it seemed as if I was reaching a couple more psi.... I got my buddy to drive by when I was outside the car and noticed it sounded pretty ******, and when at higher rpms you can hear "sssssssssssssssssssss" noise, I'm thinking from the weld crack. Anyway, long post for a simple problem, I'm just going to take my car in and have it rewelded and pipes in place of my cats.

Back