rattling noise and stalling

tow_this

i have a 90 sc which just got new fel-pro head gaskets. upon starting the car revs up then drops to a idle perfectly. it holds for about 20 seconds then the rpms start to fall off and the car starts shaking and emits a terrible rattling. i know the car has to learn to idle again but the rattling noise has me concerned. it only makes this noise as it is dying. i've revved the car to red line with no rattling at all. also if i rev the car up a couple times after starting it, it will idle fine. any suggestions? :confused:

tow_this said:
i have a 90 sc which just got new fel-pro head gaskets. upon starting the car revs up then drops to a idle perfectly. it holds for about 20 seconds then the rpms start to fall off and the car starts shaking and emits a terrible rattling. i know the car has to learn to idle again but the rattling noise has me concerned. it only makes this noise as it is dying. i've revved the car to red line with no rattling at all. also if i rev the car up a couple times after starting it, it will idle fine. any suggestions? :confused:

Soulds like a vacuum leak. To find where it's leaking spray carb cleaner on all the IC tube connections with the motor running, also check to make sure you have all the vacuum hoses attached behind the inlet plenum.

David

PS: What did you use to reaseal the IC tubes when putting the car back together ?

Back