Anyone who can Help

SCcoupeMI

I have just purchased my first Super Coupe and well its a bit of a project. The guy who had it before me had a couple of teenagers put head gaskets on it and it hasn't run since. Is there any common problems with them that would have gone wrong. Any advice on how to get the coupe running again would be greatly welcome. I can be reached via this forum or my email is SSE9191@aol.com

Do a search for vacuum leaks this is likely your problem if it starts but won't stay running. Besides that you haven't givin anyone enough useful information to work with.

Exactly what does it do?

Jeff

Where in MI are you located? I have done many head gasket jobs. Maybe they didn't plug something in? I usually unplug and remove as many wiring harnesses as I can to get them out of the way, or hang them over the fender.

Scott Long said:
Where in MI are you located? I have done many head gasket jobs. Maybe they didn't plug something in? I usually unplug and remove as many wiring harnesses as I can to get them out of the way, or hang them over the fender.

I'm in west michigan by grand rapids. What i have founds so far working on the car is the wiring isn't the greatest. For some odd reason they put in a start button instead of using the ignition key. I haven't traced down if that is the problem. The Ignition Control Module and Coil are getting tested this next week to see if that is the problem. I am trying to find other super coupes just to look and see if they offer some help into the wiring because since i have never worked on one they are all foreign to me.

J57ltr said:
Do a search for vacuum leaks this is likely your problem if it starts but won't stay running. Besides that you haven't givin anyone enough useful information to work with.

Exactly what does it do?

Jeff

The car only tries to start. i have never offically had it running. I am not getting any spark. What would be the main problem with this? I am having the Ignition Control Module and Coil tested this week to see if those are the problems but is that the only thing that would cause this problem?

rlong said:
if no spark check crank sensor at the harmonic balancer first

Thanks for the tip. I was a bit suspicious on that since when i bought the car the covers for that were in the trunk.

Back