Power problems

chadder1313

Well i just did a rebiuld on my motor and ported the heads and put a Dr. Fred cam in it and i would say that im not impresed with it. It has stock exhaust manifolds and the cars boosting at around 13 or 14. It also has stock intake and tb. But like i said im not impresed by it and when it was stock it might of even felt faster. If any one has any advise please let me know thanks, Chad

Still too many variables in your combo to accurately figure the exact problem. One thing is for sure, tryin' to stuff all that through stock manifolds ain't gonna happen. Do you still have the stock exhaust pipes and converters and resonator?

'bird

Yeah stock manifolds and cats but i have no resignator. I know you make some ported manifolds and some other stuff. I would love more info on what you have including you blower porting and such. Do you think i would see a good gain with some ported exhaust manifolds?

chadder1313 said:
Yeah stock manifolds and cats but i have no resignator. I know you make some ported manifolds and some other stuff. I would love more info on what you have including you blower porting and such. Do you think i would see a good gain with some ported exhaust manifolds?
If you ever see the bottleneck in the stock manifolds you'll laugh. As far as more info, everything is pretty much on my webpage or plenty of tech and opinions out there by other members.

thanks,

'bird

i ported my heads and it helped a lot and my exhaust manifolds are still stock so im guessing the cam is just built for higher rpm hurting on bottom end

Well i took it out today and she impressed me today. I noticed at about 4 grand i am only at 13 psi. I think i need more boost.

chadder1313 said:
Well i took it out today and she impressed me today. I noticed at about 4 grand i am only at 13 psi. I think i need more boost.
Are you still running the stock exhaust system? I see you have flowmasters in your signature but have you upgrade the pipes?

From the where the resoinator once was, not there any more, from there back is all flowmaster. I think its 3' back where it splits into two 2.5 out the back. I think here sometime in the near future ill be giving tbird88 a call for some of his ported manifolds and some down pipes.

Back