What's up with my CD changer?

AlanEdwards

I've got a factory 10 disc CD changer in the trunk, with my Ford/JBL system in my '94 SC.

With CDs in the changer, if I change the stereo from radio mode to CD, it will not play. The Stereo will act like it's playing the CDs, but they wont play. If I hit the button, the stereo's digital display will show it's changing CDs and changing tracks on individual CDs. Then it won't switch back to radio unless I go back to the trunk and eject the CD cartridge from the changer, with the Stereo OFF. Then I can go back, turn the unit back on and it's on radio mode again.

What's up with this? Has anyone had a similiar experience? And, what was the resolution, other than replacing the changer, or God forbid, the head unit? I want to keep it factory if at all possible.

Take care.

Attachments

• 94 SC interior dash close-up.jpg
    94 SC interior dash close-up.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 65
  • 94 SC exterior left.jpg
    94 SC exterior left.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
cd changer mounting?

hey quick question...

I got a 95 SC and found an original factory changer from a 94 and want to know where in the trunk it's supposed to be mounted? where (if u know off hand) is the wiring harness supposed to be threaded through?

Thank you,
Andrew

Contact Paul Protos (TwoTimeSC). He can fix you up and do whatever repairs are needed to the Ford JBL systems.

Back