How do I seal the blower top ???

AlanEdwards

I'm putting my blower top back on and I was scraping the old residue from the top and the blower. I started thinking, is there some sort of sealer I need to add between the two, since there is no gasget? Take care.

AlanEdwards said:
I'm putting my blower top back on and I was scraping the old residue from the top and the blower. I started thinking, is there some sort of sealer I need to add between the two, since there is no gasget? Take care.
Alan, Use some RTV. Most guys use copper RTV but I've used either red aircraft RTV or black high temp gasket maker with no problems. Just make sure you smooth it out and make it nice and even so it doesn't bulge into the blower case. -Jeremy

Thanks for the info Jeremy. I'm still in glorious San Angelo --- :( --- I'll be outta here in about 6 weeks, WOOHOO, finally. I hope all is well with you in NM. Don't get burned !!! Take care.

AlanEdwards said:
Thanks for the info Jeremy. I'm still in glorious San Angelo --- :( --- I'll be outta here in about 6 weeks, WOOHOO, finally. I hope all is well with you in NM. Don't get burned !!! Take care.
I knew you would love that place! :p Alan, Are you going to the shootout in Oklahoma?

Last edited:
I hadn't heard about it Jeremy. When is it, and how long is the drive from here? Thanks to 35th too. I've got black, blue, and red RTVs. I'll see which one I can get with the smallest bead. How's that sound guys?

Alan, You may be in the sandbox by the time of the shootout. It's the second weekend in October. It's near Oklahoma city. There's more info on the events forum about it. I don't think there's a website or anything set up for it yet.

AlanEdwards said:
I hadn't heard about it Jeremy. When is it, and how long is the drive from here? Thanks to 35th too. I've got black, blue, and red RTVs. I'll see which one I can get with the smallest bead. How's that sound guys?

Alan,

I've always used the orange copper RTV (Permatex) and smeared a thin coat (no bead) on the supercharger mating surface. The copper RTV will tolerate high temps and is sensor safe.

David

Back