Are the dome light and keyless pad the same fuse?

Jeremy_K

I haven't had time to look at my car yet and i'm lazy. but i was wondering if the dome lights and the keyless pad are on the same fuse? they both quit working together. :confused:

Yes they are as I've had problems before from when the guys who did my alarm put one of tap in connectors to that fuse and now I've taken it off ,I cant get that fuse to stay working, and that fuse controls the interior lights ,the power mirrors and the keyless pad. :D

Cool, I just went out to my car to check and that 15A fuse was popped. I don't have a replacement here at work so i used the spare 10A I had for now. I also just found out i can unlock the pass. side door from the keypad too. That was the highlight of my day!

Greg Coleman said:
Yes they are as I've had problems before from when the guys who did my alarm put one of tap in connectors to that fuse and now I've taken it off ,I cant get that fuse to stay working, and that fuse controls the interior lights ,the power mirrors and the keyless pad. :D

same here, mine has been acting up since i got the car.

NMxr7SC said:
Cool, I just went out to my car to check and that 15A fuse was popped. I don't have a replacement here at work so i used the spare 10A I had for now. I also just found out i can unlock the pass. side door from the keypad too. That was the highlight of my day!
You can also pop the trunk lid open from the keypad, as well......

OLD TOPIC RESURRECTION ALERT:

:D

I'm having the same problem with my keyless/dome light not working. The problem is that sometimes they will work and sometimes they won't. Is this a fuse problem or a wiring problem? It's really annoying because I always use the keyless to get into my car. Is the fuse just a normal one under the dash?

Also, how do you lock the doors from the keyless? I wasn't aware that you could do that. I knew about the passenger door unlock and trunk pop...

You could be having a problem with the infamous green/yellow splice in the wiring harness under the drivers side carpet.....

Terrible Juan said:
OLD TOPIC RESURRECTION ALERT:

:D

I'm having the same problem with my keyless/dome light not working. The problem is that sometimes they will work and sometimes they won't. Is this a fuse problem or a wiring problem? It's really annoying because I always use the keyless to get into my car. Is the fuse just a normal one under the dash?

Also, how do you lock the doors from the keyless? I wasn't aware that you could do that. I knew about the passenger door unlock and trunk pop...
On mine, I have to push the last 2 buttons together to lock the doors.

the-big-e said:
You could be having a problem with the infamous green/yellow splice in the wiring harness under the drivers side carpet.....

Infamous, eh. I hear that word a lot with these cars. :D I'll have to check that out. It's really annoying!

Thanks for the info on how to lock your car from the keyless. It'll be useful once it starts working again! Haha.

Back