Hesitation on Cruse Control

rickbtbird

I need some help troubleshooting a minor problem.
While driving with the cruse control engaged when I use the accelerate button there's a slight hesitation and then the car accelerates fine. This doesn't happen when using the pedal. I've check the vacuum line that runs the cruse control but it seems fine. Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Check for slack in the actuator cable that runs from the cruise control servo to the throttle body. There's a metal clip in the gray plastic piece at the end of the cable at the throttle body. Remove the clip, push the cable to remove any slack, and then replace the clip.

J.D. said:
Check for slack in the actuator cable that runs from the cruise control servo to the throttle body. There's a metal clip in the gray plastic piece at the end of the cable at the throttle body. Remove the clip, push the cable to remove any slack, and then replace the clip.

Sounds like I opend up something here nobody has bothered to discuss. I'll give this a try and let you know the results.

J.D. said:

That was an easy fix. Thanks.

Back