question on egr delete on 95 sc

92tbird04

If anyone could help, I have a 95 sc w/egr.
Was wondering what would be involved in deleting the egr system off of my car?
And not having a check engine light from removal.

Just wondering If all I have to do is get headers w/o egr tube. And mp inlet plenium w/o egr adapter. And maybe just plug off left over vac lines.
If anyone knows of anything else? :confused:
thanks for any help in advance.

I believe you need a chip to turn it off and perhaps make up for its loss in the tuning.

If you disconnect the EGR the EEC will trip a check engine light due to insufficent flow through the EGR Transducer. You can turn off the function of the EGR but not sensor itself.

Rich

So there is no way to avoid a check engine light. I will probably just take out the light that is in the instrument cluster than.
Thanks for all the help.

You can leave everything hooked up as is, except to add a plate where the EGR hooks up to the inlet plenum. Then you will need a tune to delete the function of the EGR. That will be the only way to do it without it throwing a CE light.

Keep the vacuum lines hooked up. If you are going for more aftermarket stuff, then you can get it all without the EGR, but leave the EGR hooked up to vacuum with the block off plate installed. With a chip that should keep codes from coming up.

That should be double checked. It's my understanding that the EGR delete will cause the CE light on an internittance basis, and that tuning the chip will not make a difference.

Ira

Back