PDA

View Full Version : Power Antenna Replacement

FastBird91
07-04-2005, 10:16 AM
Washing my SC yesturday i pulled the hose across the front end of the car and was unaware that i had forgotten to lower my antenna. Nedless to say i busted the antenna in half. This weekend i was thinking to go to the junk yard and get one from another T-bird. Anything i should know about removing and reinstalling the power antenna for my SC? By the way my SC is a 1991 and has the manuel switch for raising and lowering.
Thanks

trife86
07-04-2005, 10:59 AM
this is the antenna i have on my SC, it is non power all black, works well with dark cars and ive never had a problem i had it on there for over a year now

hard to get a good pic of it though

Joisey Jim
07-04-2005, 11:07 AM
Just go to your local parts store and get an aftermarket replacement. It'll give you instructions for feeding it back into the motor drive.

FastBird91
07-05-2005, 12:11 AM
so to remove these antennas i assume we go from under the passenger fender right?
thanks

edspringer
07-05-2005, 08:52 AM
OPTION 1: You can get a replacement antenna from Ford or aftermarket. I chose ford. Replacing a broken antenna does not require removing the antenna power unit. Just unscrew the piece that holds the antenna in place (replacement antenna should have instructions) and feed the new one to the antenna drive motor.

OPTION 2: If you have to replace the power unit, you will need to loosen the passenger side inner fender. The drive motor has 2 attach points. The exterior fender mount and one inside the fender. Disconnect the power wires and the antenna jack and it should come right out.

Hope this helps!

Ed Springer

90 Black XR7 5-speed: 70mm TB, Fresh Air Intake, '94 Supercharger, 5% SC Pulley, Raised SC Top, I/C Fan, UD Pulleys, 190 l/h Fuel Pump, 36 lbs Injectors, Headers, Magnaflow Muffler (no cats) with stock resonators, 3:27 Gears, Ripper Shifter, 73mm CL MAF (Blue Tube), Magnacore Wires, NGK Iridium Plugs, Royal Purple Lubricants and Rear Spring Air Bags.

94 Red SC Auto: 70mm TB, Fresh Air Intake, Stock 90 SC Pulley, Raised SC Top, I/C Fan, 190 l/h Fuel Pump, Headers, Raven Muffler (no cats) with stock resonators, 3:73 Gears, Accel 36# injectors, 76mm CL MAF (Gold Tube), Magnacore Wires, NGK Iridium Plugs, Royal Purple Lubricants, TRANSGO Shift Kit, Pro-Torque 2500 Stall TC, Haydon Auxiliary Transmission Cooler, Tokico Struts & Shocks, American Racing 17 Sniper Wheels, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Tires and 235 RWHP with 315 LB-FT Torque.