This week's SCCoO meet, Friday, July 8, 2005 -- Hutch's in Hamilton

fast Ed

This week we are going for a change of pace ... we're meeting on Friday instead of Wednesday, and we're going farther west than usual, all the way down to Hamilton.

So Friday, July 8, starting at around 8:00 pm, or whenever you can make it for, we're going to meet at Hutch's Restaurant in Hamilton, just off the QEW near Hwy. 20 (Centennial Parkway) at 280 Van Wagners Beach Road, 905-545-5508.

Directions from the east:

Take QEW toward Burlington. Go over the Skyway bridge into Hamilton. Take the exit for Centennial Parkway (Hwy20) and turn left (towards the lake) onto Centennial Pkwy. When you get to the light at the end of Centennial Pkwy, turn left on to Van Wagners Beach Road. You'll wrap around a few bends in the road, but just stay on that road. A kilometre or so up the road, you'll see Hutch's on the right hand side.

From the west:

QEW toward Toronto, after you pass through most of Hamilton, you will see the exit for Centennial Parkway (Hwy 20) before you hit the Skyway Bridge over Burlington Bay. Exit on Hwy. 20, then follow the road along where it goes through the traffic lights and changes to Van Wagners Beach Road.

From the number of people posting on the other thread where Jason first suggested this meet, we should have a good turnout. Let's see all of the Hamilton / Burlington / Niagara people who can't always make it out to our Mississauga meets. :)

cheers
Ed N.

I'm in so is my girlfriend Ashley.

Anyone know if they still have a burn out thing.
If so I offer up a set of tires and rims for who ever wants to try.

I'm coming for sure now!!! I'll be leaving my house around 2:30 - 3:00 pm and is there anybody from Windsor and further going up to this? I'll be taking the 401 and maybe we could meet at a truck stop thats close to where your leaving from, start a SC convoy before we get to Hamilton.

Anybody who wants to do this, you have to call my house or my cell/Mike phone. My house number is 519-975-2747 and my cell is 519-816-2747 (519*816*2747 for MIKE users) Ask for Jean if you call my house, I dont have the internet currently, my modem crapped out and I'm at the local library... i know, its pathetic... right now typing this.

See you guys there....

p.s

Ed, bring those Sunoco coupons so I have some money for gas on the way home!! :) :) :)

Jason Wild said:
I'm in so is my girlfriend Ashley.

Anyone know if they still have a burn out thing.
If so I offer up a set of tires and rims for who ever wants to try.

For free???? If so.. count me in!!!!

I'll be there for it. I don't think there is a burnout pit anymore but I will go down tonight to scope it out and let you know.

Craig

I checked out all 4 lots tonight and no signs of burnout marks anywhere. I guess this doesn't mean we can't create one, and show and when Hamilton's finest arrive blame it on the ricers. We're too mature for that kind of stuff lol.
See ya Friday

Craig

The burnout thing went away well over a year ago. Some kids got stupid and I don't know whether there were personal injuries involved, or just the real risk of them, so Hutch's canned what they used to support.

The parking lot even got changed so that you can't drive past the front of the restaurant anymore.

Regards,

Sean

drummerzrok24 said:
Let's go find some random place to do some burnouts then!! LOL..

Ok, the beach will be good :eek: ...............

Oooppsss, guess no one has a tow truck!!!!

Just j/k :D

Frit

Anyone heading out to this that could show me what exactly I need to do with my CPU in order to get it ready for the dyno tune?

let me know

Bruce

You need to remove the computer(need a 8mm socket)located in the passenger kick panel.Remove it from the harness and take the cover off so you can clean the contacts(need a 5.5mm socket).Use a scotch brite pad on the contacts till they are clean.Anything else you can ask me at the meet. :)

I was coming home, driving along DVD when a car spined twice right infront of me...I guess he missed his exit and was trying to make it... :rolleyes: Looked scary and funny at the same time.

How was the turn-out, gang?

I'm sorry I couldn't join you. I had company over and couldn't get out of that engagement. I hope Jason sent along my 'hello' and expressed my regrets at not being able to join you guys.

Did anyone get crapped on by seagulls?! ;)

Cheers,

Sean

Hey Guys,

I'd like to thank all of you for coming out, as I know my son and myself had a really good time, and hopefully we can have more of these types of meets.

Sean, I think all of us where lucky and not even our cars where bombed. The sh!thawks seemed really interested in a white mini-van across the parking lot from us though LOLOL!!!!.

Have fun and be safe.....

Frit

No doubt I missed a good club meet last night (and right in my backyard too!) :(

I've been putting in a lot of hours @ work and yesterday was no exception. I came home around 7PM, laid down for a few minutes to rest, and the next thing ya know it's 3:30 in the morning! Damn. Lame excuse, I know, but that's what happened. :eek:

Oh well, there's always next time (famous last words! ;) )

Back