good bye SC, hello LS

LikeNew92

My days with my 92 SC are done. I enjoyed driving the car as my daily driver since 99. It was my first "cool car". I was hoping to drive it another year or two, however, the repairs were starting to exceed the value of the car. After the car would not pass smog, and then head gasket blew, I had enough. I would have kept the car if I had a yard to store it, and some $ to fix it up. Fortunatly, I was able to find another SCer (Phil) to continue enjoying it.

Last month, I purchased an 02 Lincoln LS V8. I am very happy with the LS. It has great style, excellent handling, and good power. In comparison, the LS is much smoother overall, but I miss the torque and the 5 sp in the SC.

I want to thank all those on the forum that I have helped my keep my sc running. SCCOA has been very good to me. I figure that I have saved a couple grand with the advice I have gotten from you guys.

keep on ridding the SCs

Alex

Congrats on the LS. That is exactly what I want. If the SC gets too bad then thats what I am going for. They are nice cars and look good too. Good Luck

My parents have LS, its a nice car and much smoother. But LS has problems too, like hydraulic cooling fan can freeze up and make the car overheat, rear window regulators often break, and transmission problems (valvebody). I have driven both and I like LS more but it has no torque, it can't even spin the tires, but its much more quieter then my 90 sc. Good luck with your new car

Congratulations on your LS. I bought one last year and really love it, very refined for everyday driving and all the extra options are great Gotta love the auto wipers. Did you get the Sport edition V8? Here's a picture of mine with my Tbird. Check out www.llsoc.com The only problem that I had with mine was a leaky valve cover gasket that shorted out one of my coils. I just tightened the bolts a little and never had a problem since. (common problem on 2000-early 2002 models)

Attachments

• tbls.jpg
    tbls.jpg
    362.8 KB · Views: 29
Back