heard something about the upshift light and ballooning the

torqconverter,if the balloon effect does take place then what

will the resault be?, my bird does not shift out of gear,and

there was no indication that there was anything wrong

befor it happen,I took my car to have a dyno test done

and thats when it startred, oh and by the way every one

stay away from the fram air cleaner filters i found that it

resticks to much air flow use a hog or a k&m filter, I gained

25 hp on the dyno just taking out the filter.

anyway i thought maybe we overheated the trand during

the dyno test so i let the car cool down for 3 hrs, now i only

have 1st gear and it wont shift to 2nd or 3rd , 4th.

only thing that come to mind is i ballooned the torq

converter or maybe the bands are loose, what do you

think?

Is your kick down linkage (or TV linkage I think its called) hooked up? My dad had that happen to a aod and it fried all the bands and had to be totally rebuilt.

Check and see if the TV cable is still attached at the throttle linkage. I don't think you balloned the converter. Upshift light is normal when dynoing the car.

David

I checked all the cables everyything is hooked up and nothing is broken, I took it for a drive this morning and I have first and second nothing else.checked linkage all good there also think ill try to limp to the shop and have it checked out.

Well, it's far fetched. But I first felt 2,3&4 gone when I exploded my input shaft. But later I found that I had 1 & 2 when hitting the pedal just right, it'll go into 2nd, but no 3/4 ... Turned out that by busting the input shaft, I also damaged the 3/4 drum & planetaries, etc. ... So, perhaps if everything is hooked up correctly, you could have damaged something internally. .. Mine was caused by too many 3/4 shifts as they hurts AOD's ... Could be anything, but I figured I'd throw that possibility out there.

Anthony

ps - Did you put it in OD after maxing out 3rd on the Dyno in an attempt to lower the rpm's during the slow down? ...

Back