IC Fan Installation

rickbtbird

I was looking into the IC fan installation. The installation instruction I found involves removing the battery, draining the radiator, removing the radiator to attach the fan to the intercooler. Hmmmm.. seems like a lot of work just to attach this. Does anybody know of any other instruction where you don't have to remove the radiator?

rickbtbird said:
I was looking into the IC fan installation. The installation instruction I found involves removing the battery, draining the radiator, removing the radiator to attach the fan to the intercooler. Hmmmm.. seems like a lot of work just to attach this. Does anybody know of any other instruction where you don't have to remove the radiator?

Yeah...skip all that crap about removing the battery and the radiator. All you need to do is remove that rubber bellows thing on the front if the IC, so you can get your hands down there to attach the fan mounting pins or zip tie looking straps.

David

David Neibert said:
Yeah...skip all that crap about removing the battery and the radiator. All you need to do is remove that rubber bellows thing on the front if the IC, so you can get your hands down there to attach the fan mounting pins or zip tie looking straps.

David
That's good news. Not that I wouldn't remove those part but geeze I was looking around the IC and I said "there's got to be an easier way". Thanks.

Yep

David's right. I had to remove the plastic in front of the IC and then I mounted 2 fans one as a pusher and one as a puller on the IC. This was also a double IC made by Fast Freddie and I was able to get both the fans in there. But this was only for a double IC install. Like David said you can get in there.

Drew

Heres more food for thought. Does a shroud on rear of the IC help the fan cool it better? Or is it useless?

The only..

The only Fan shroud I had on the back of the IC was the one on the permacool fan, need it to protect the blades. I bet it doesn't make a difference, unless it covers alot of the IC from getting air then it will restrict some flow, but I bet in either case its so minor it doesn't matter.

Drew

Back