popping sound in front end

ks1

I have a 90 sc and when i turn i hear this poping sound comng from the front . So I have replaced every suspeneion part except the inner tie rodends . it doesn't do it if i am sitting still only if the car is move forward or back and when i hit the brakes hard and the car's weight shifts could it be in the stering shaft ?

ks1 said:
I have a 90 sc and when i turn i hear this poping sound comng from the front . So I have replaced every suspeneion part except the inner tie rodends . it doesn't do it if i am sitting still only if the car is move forward or back and when i hit the brakes hard and the car's weight shifts could it be in the stering shaft ?

strut rod bushings , ge tthe rubber ones the moog poly ones split.

Your problem is the front spindle/hub assembly :( ...Mine did the same thing and unfortunately it is expensive to fix...This is a problem that is unique to the 89-90 models becuse of the spindle design...

its fixed

thanks guys it was the k member bolts and as for the guy whoo want to know where they are find you rlower control arm stablizer sturt where it connect to the frame just in front of that there are two bolts they should look like stars they arre torx bolts you willneed an e18 trox socket to fit it their are two more straight ackthey are the only star one look your find them and theyare the ame on the other side
:) :) :) :)

Cut the wheel hard over left or right and roll slowly see if it still pops...If it hasn't gone bad yet the hub and spindle assembly will go bad eventually..the bearing goes bad and it will pop every time you cut the wheel hard..It's about $300.00 per side just for the part..Plus labor...

ks1 said:
thanks guys it was the k member bolts and as for the guy whoo want to know where they are find you rlower control arm stablizer sturt where it connect to the frame just in front of that there are two bolts they should look like stars they arre torx bolts you willneed an e18 trox socket to fit it their are two more straight ackthey are the only star one look your find them and theyare the ame on the other side
:) :) :) :)

Is there a specified torque on the bolts?

hey

i already replaced the hubs and you can get them at oreillys for around 180for one side and asa for the torque i think it is 170ftlbs but dont take that to the bank some one in might know for sure

Last edited:
ks1 said:
i already replaced the hubs and you can get them at oreillys for around 1800 for one side and asa for the torque i think it is 170ftlbs but dont take that to the bank some one in might know for sure

Did you say $1800 for one side? :eek:

I hope you meant $180..then you got a great deal...You can do the later model change over for less money and not have to worry about it again....

ks1 said:
i already replaced the hubs and you can get them at oreillys for around 1800 for one side and asa for the torque i think it is 170ftlbs but dont take that to the bank some one in might know for sure
200 lbs for the front, 250 for the rear. :cool:

Back