powesteering and oil sensor

Kyler

Since I've had my car I've never had any power steering assit at idle. At first I thought nothing of it but now when it comes to parking and sharp turns revving up the motor to get the ps back is a pain in the ***. I don't know if its just part of the car's design or if I should have the ps at all times?

The other thing is my oil sensor, put moble 1 in about two months ago (15w30) and about 3 weeks ago it told me to change "soon" and just recently it say's to change "now". I've checked the oil and it's looks hardly used, still a clean caramel color hardly darkend, just a faulty sensor?

Kyler said:
Since I've had my car I've never had any power steering assit at idle. At first I thought nothing of it but now when it comes to parking and sharp turns revving up the motor to get the ps back is a pain in the ***. I don't know if its just part of the car's design or if I should have the ps at all times?

The other thing is my oil sensor, put moble 1 in about two months ago (15w30) and about 3 weeks ago it told me to change "soon" and just recently it say's to change "now". I've checked the oil and it's looks hardly used, still a clean caramel color hardly darkend, just a faulty sensor?

i love how no one ever responds..

Some ideas....

The power steering problem sounds like either the fluid is low, or the pump is failing to maintain pressure. Basically, you aren't getting enough system pressure at idle to drive the steering rack. Have you noticed any fluid on the ground under the car? That would point to a leak in the pressure line or the rack seals. Does the pump whine when you turn the wheel at low RPM's? Could also be the drive belt slipping, but you would hear it squeeling when you turned the wheel.

I don't have the "maintenance module" in my '92SC, but there should be a way to reset it when you change the oil. Is there a little "hole" in the display that you stick a pin into to reset? Maybe by clearing the stored memory codes in the computer with a code reader, or disconnecting the battery for a couple of minutes. (That would cause you to have to reset all the stations on the radio, the clock, etc, and the ECU would also go into "idle re-learn" mode for a couple of days)

Kyler said:
i love how no one ever responds..

Yup we're all hanging out here cause we got no lives etc so we can make sure we respond right away to any of your posts................... :cool:

Frit

Yes, you have to reset the oil light. The little round black button looking thing next to the gauge... there is a little hole, have to stick a needle or something in there to reset gauge.

Back