The Best Exhaust System

mickeyjmgr01

Hello which is the best configuration in the escape of the Thunderbird SC '94. To my I like the BORLA cat back (bor 14415) but not you their measures, I would like minimum to be 2 1/2 - 3 - 2 1/2, although really not you if it is this way. If it is not this way which is the configuration but advisable. THE system of dual escape of 2.5" this well, or that of 3"; or perhaps a 2.5" - 3.5" - 2.5."

Which is the best thing that you recommend. What happens is that in TCCoA somebody made a dual of 3" and it is very well. I also like that of SCP that is 2.5" - 3.5" - 2.5."

You that experiences have.

greetings

that'l turn your SC into a turd.... well...not really, i got a 2.25 3 2.25 and it's plenty, i lost enough torque as is, 2.25 3 2.25 is plenty for a mildly modded SC, then you get what you're talkin about when you start pushin some good HP numbers

Go with this:

Go with a 2.25-3-2.25 if you are not that modded (like air intake and pulley etc.) if you are modded more than go with the 2.50-3-2.50. Bascially clone the SCP exhaust, but get the parts from jegs or someother muffler place online and save $$$. This is what I did:

I had high flow cats in the front, then into the 3" pipe with one muffler/resonator out and to the rear axle then a y and 2.50 on both sides, then 8" tips out the back, cut into my bumper (no rear mufflers).

Heres my website with some pics so you can see the rear:

94 Supercoupe

I have vids but don't know how to post them maybe someone can enlighten me. Thanks. Or I can send them through email let me know.

Drew

My philosophy has been that if you are merging two pipes into one...why split it back out? I've got dual 2.5 compression bent tubes coming from the headers (no cats) and into a single Magnaflow resonator. From there I'm running one single 3 inch pipe out back into one 16 inch turbo muffler. You save weight, cost of the build and I don't see the advantage to splitting it back out. I would think the ideal set up would be two 2.5's (or mandrel 2.25's) into a huge 3.5 inch pipe and dump it out back.

Micah

And which is the best resonator, that of measure (one that is dual 2.5" and single 3"). Have I seen that the magnaflow is good, but that I model is it, does the one number of part or is it better flow master or borla?

I like mufflers the borla, I believe that they are the Borla Turbo XL part #40665 or if I make a mistake corrects me

:confused:

Thats Gay

A supercoupe is not a ricer don't put a single pipe on it. All the top supercoupes are running two pipes, hell the stock version has 2... Run two, don't buy a muffler from SCP get one from summit or jegs its the same and its is like 15 bux cheaper part number is: magnaflow 3" inlet or outlet and 2.5 in or out is $84.99 and part number is 12198 from Jegs.

Drew

Exhaust!!

Well I ran 2 1/2 to the dual in dual out Magnaflow Xpipe resonator. Then out the back with 2 1/2 and flowmaster sound alikes. I took it to a buddy of mine and we did it at his exhaust shop. I like the sound of mine. No fart noises and it is quiet yet deep when I hammer it.

mickeyjmgr01 said:
I going considering true dual 2.5" whith H pipe and mufflers borla and high flows cats.

I'll add my 2 cents before you go doing this. I have dual 2.5" with high flow cats and Borla 40653 mufflers. I do not have an H pipe though....mine is indeed true duals. These Borla's are about 13 in. long I do believe. The tone at an idle is nice, a bit louder than stock, but still mellow. In the upper RPMs it starts getting ricey though. I hear the longer Borla's...maybe the 18 in. ones will sound better?...I don't know. I'm going with a new exhaust anyways to accomodate my fuel cell, but I figured I'd give you an idea on the setup you're thinking of.

Same basic arrangement

ScrapSC said:
Well I ran 2 1/2 to the dual in dual out Magnaflow Xpipe resonator. Then out the back with 2 1/2 and flowmaster sound alikes. I took it to a buddy of mine and we did it at his exhaust shop. I like the sound of mine. No fart noises and it is quiet yet deep when I hammer it.

I originally had the flowmaster cat back with the flowmaster resonator. Installed 2.5 back from stock manifolds into high flow cats then to the 2.5 magnaflow xpipe then 2.5 to the flowmaster mufflers. Car has a nice deep throaty sound that really opens up when I get on it. No rice at all. There was some resonance when it was first installed but not really noticable now. I do recall noticing a little loss in the low end but was willing to give that up inorder to never have to worry about the exhaust going forward. Tone of the car gets lots of compliments.

I will be porting the manifolds once the engine has a little more to offer.

I need more sound though ... think maybe I will get somone to weld the noise reduction ports closed on the SC here before to long :D

mickeyjmgr01 said:
I going considering true dual 2.5" whith H pipe and mufflers borla and high flows cats.

Although I have been seeing that the X pipe is also very good and it sounds less the car

Can anyone explain why having too large of an exhaust will kill the torque numbers? I know because it loses the backpressure, but why do we lose torque?

Chris

mickeyjmgr01 said:
Hello which is the best configuration in the escape of the Thunderbird SC '94. To my I like the BORLA cat back (bor 14415) but not you their measures, I would like minimum to be 2 1/2 - 3 - 2 1/2, although really not you if it is this way. If it is not this way which is the configuration but advisable. THE system of dual escape of 2.5" this well, or that of 3"; or perhaps a 2.5" - 3.5" - 2.5."

Which is the best thing that you recommend. What happens is that in TCCoA somebody made a dual of 3" and it is very well. I also like that of SCP that is 2.5" - 3.5" - 2.5."

You that experiences have.

greetings

I am currently installing true duel 2.5" from long tube headers into a magnaflow X pipe (needed for the single wide band ox sensor), duel into a 18" Magnaflow duel in duel out resonator, then duel into dynomax super turbos. The pipes will exit out the side of the car through the body just in front of the rear tires. This should be done next weeek. I had this same setup (except the X pipe and the side exit) before spinning a rod bearing and really liked the sound of it. I considered duel 3" but changed my mind after talking to several knowledgable people but I can say that some did recommend the duel 3" for my application.
Good Luck
Mike Tuck

Pictures Please

Super XR7 said:
I am currently installing true duel 2.5" from long tube headers into a magnaflow X pipe (needed for the single wide band ox sensor), duel into a 18" Magnaflow duel in duel out resonator, then duel into dynomax super turbos. The pipes will exit out the side of the car through the body just in front of the rear tires. This should be done next weeek. I had this same setup (except the X pipe and the side exit) before spinning a rod bearing and really liked the sound of it. I considered duel 3" but changed my mind after talking to several knowledgable people but I can say that some did recommend the duel 3" for my application.
Good Luck
Mike Tuck
I would like to see a picture of that!

Maybe I'm just secure enough to look at one tip exiting the rear of my car. My first system was the 2-1-2, but my 2-1 just made more sense this time around.

If you have an inline engine....don't go from 1-2. Just go 1 all the way. If you have a V engine, go from 2 all the way. But if you have a V engine that goes from 2-1......why split back out? You already made the merge. Another one will just add more turbulence. Maybe that's good...but I couldn't see extra turbulence increasing flow.

Micah

Back