Where's my boost?

DrewsSC

About a month ago i changed my intercooler to one i got off a 95 SC and about after a week w/ that intercooler my boost had disappeard. I have since changed back to the origianl i.c. and still have no booth from my SC. Somebody please help! My buddy just got a nice Turbo Coupe and i can't lose to him!!

Thanks,
Drew

DrewsSC said:
About a month ago i changed my intercooler to one i got off a 95 SC and about after a week w/ that intercooler my boost had disappeard. I have since changed back to the origianl i.c. and still have no booth from my SC. Somebody please help! My buddy just got a nice Turbo Coupe and i can't lose to him!!

Thanks,
Drew
What did you seal the IC tubes with? You should try some of Tbird88's Teflon IC gaskets.

I'm sure you checked, but did you look at the guage line where it attaches to the IC tube? It may be broken.

I sealed the I.c. tubes w/ a gasket sealant that i had as well as an application of some plumbers thread seal. I haven't checked the line yet, but i sure hope this is something easy to fix. But i've yet to run into that situation w/ my SC.

DrewsSC said:
I sealed the I.c. tubes w/ a gasket sealant that i had as well as an application of some plumbers thread seal. I haven't checked the line yet, but i sure hope this is something easy to fix. But i've yet to run into that situation w/ my SC.

I would start by resealing everything with Copper RTV. Plumbers thread seal won't get the job done.

David

Back