Can't get the air out of a brake system....

sizemoremk

Will one of those "one man brake bleeder" vacum pump deals help out with some brakes I am having troubel bleeding???

I just got the wife a 69 Mustang with a 302 she will be driving to her new job, and are having major problems with low, soft pedal.

We have bled the heck outta the brakes, and now even replaced the master cylinder, and bled the mess out of em again, and still no luck....

We have been bleeding in order also: right rear, left rear, right front, left front....

This one has power brakes, but has been converted at some point to disc brakes, and there is some kind of "ford motorsport" proportion knobs" in there also...

I am now assuming there is some air trapped somewhere that will not come out....

I am curious if one of those vacum pump bleeder deals will help to remove the trapped air, or if anyone has any suggestions, please feel free to give me some ideas!!!!

Thank you!

Re- Brakes

I have a 70 sports roof stang (20plus yrs) with drum brakes. In some of the old mustang monthly mags. Ithink they did a change over to disk. I belive they had to change out the metering block. Also If you have low vac. to your brake booster could cause this I had to add a vacume canister to my car. After I rebuilt The motor and gave it a little more lobe in the cam. I will try to find the article on the up grade. You could also look up part # for disk and for drum to compare. Best of Luck

re- brakes

Hey I found it mustang monthly june 96. Google (70 mustang disk brake change over) That should help you a little Or this (Mustang FAQ and how tos) Best of luck again!!

Yes, the one man bleeders work well. There are a few things you have to remember to do. First, always start from the back and move forward, so go rear right, rear left, front right, then front left. Also, make sure your reservoir always remains close to, if not full. If it runs out of fluid while you are pulling fluid through the system you are going to suck air right back in and have to start all over again.

Back