Need help! Codes up the A$$

ZRS90sc

hey guys, i just bought the 30$ code reader from wal-mart, its an handy lil bitch, but newayz. My car has had some starting problems, it cranks over for 8-9 seconds then will sputter to life and have a fluttery idle. All i have for mods are a home made 3" intake pipe, and a good exhaust, new plugs, wires, and ignition coil. I hooked up the code reader and it gave me:

66-
67-
13-high idle, about 950
73-
25- no knocking
74-

several of those referance the MAF, but say its getting insufficient voltage or something like that. Does this mean i need a new MAF or a circuit is weak? if somebody could explain to me what these mean in a dumbed down version i would really appreciate it. WHAT DO THEY MEAN? lol

I would check your intake tube for leaks as this will cause a problem like oyur having, if thats of then if you know someone with a spare Maf I would swap it in and see if that helps, make sure to reset you computer by unhooking your battery for a few minutes.

Also check your fuel pressure to make sure its where it should be as that will cause hard starts and could cause the Maf to through codes.

Here is what those break down to:

CM Continuos memory
KOEO Key on engine off
KOER Key on engine running

KOER,
Cannot control RPM during ER Self-Test low RPM check.

KOER, Knock not sensed during dynamic test.

CM, MAF sensor went below 0.4 volts during the last 80 warm-up cycles.
or
CM or KOER, TOT sensor output was less than Self-Test minimum value of 0.15 volts.

CM or KOEO, Neutral safety circuit failure.
or
KOER, A/C circuit was on during KOER Self-Test.

CM, Power interruption detected or Message Center Control Assembly circuit failed.
or
KOER, Insufficient MAF/MAP change during Dynamic Response Test (user error).

KOER test:

TPS senor did not exceed 25% rotation during Dynamic Response Test (user error).

This one means at some point durning the test you should have opened the throttle up more than a 1/4 throttle

Brake On/Off switch not actuated during KOER test (user error).

This one means you should have at some point at start of test pushed the brake pedal

Let me know how you make out

Garett

Back