enigine light trouble

tillotson_david

code 32, 49, and 95 ??????

Hello having problems with my bird again. I'll start a month back when the tranny went out. Well here goes my slave cylinder blew up on me sent the car to the shop. Had the tranny fixed $900 car was running good no problems. Got it back from the shop now engine light comes on and car starts jerking acting like its not getting enough fuel or something. Ran code reader on it came up with egr valve so i replaced it also had to replace the transducer that i ended up breaking trying to take it out. Went for a test drive after replacing these parts and still jerking. Ran code scanner came up with 3 codes this time code 32, 49, and 91. Replaced the o2 sensors and test drive again still acting up. Ran code reader 32, 49 and now 95. If anyone has any idea what the cause of this is let me know im at my witts end with this thing dont want to get rid of it love the power and want more out of it but if i cant keep it running i dont want to add mods to it.

P.S. another question do we need the cats on this car or can we run with out them.

Last edited:
You gotta drop the tank to take out the transmission, I would just check the harness going to the pump, some dork probly pinched one of the wires when putting the tank back on. The only way your car will throw an egr code is if the sensor is unplugged, or its the wrong sensor. I would check your crank sensor wiring, spout plug, and possibly replace your dis, or at least check the wiring. Thanks for checking for codes, that blew my hair back.

fuel pump

i just replaced the fuel pump in my bird took around about 3 hrs. it required droppin the exaust and dropping the tank after that was just taking out pump and putting in a new one. one bit of advice would be to start with an empty or near empty tank. 16 gals of fuel is kinda heavy. if you have stock exaust it may take longer b/c of all the rubber exaust hangers in place. i only had 2 too deal with. i got a 190 lph pump from scp and it requires a crimp inside the tank. i went ahead and soddered it and srink wrapped it to lessen the chance of sparks. hope this helps

fuel pump

When I changed my fuel pump out, I lowered the tank, but did NOT take it all the way out. I found that if you take the straps off, and have no gas in it, that you can actually get the pump out by angling the tank towards the passenger side. I didnt have to take the exhaust down or anything. One thing though, it was a pain to get that seal on the top of the tank back on. Maybe this will help. Mike

Back