transplant

Deimos

suppose you wanted to put the supercoupe motor in another car, as far as the engine management systems go what do you need to take with you from the donor? i would want it to work with no codes and no glithches, so there are a few things that are obvious such as the ECU and harness, but would you need the intergrated relay module also? what about the power distribution block? basically what do you need to make the engine run and the A/C work in another car?

Hi, I am on the front end of a similar project. I have just ordered the wiring diagram book from HELMINC.com so I can figure out what I need to make the swap. Not sure how things interconnect at this point. Not sure which, if any of the gauges I will need to transplant also. Hopefully none.

My project is a long term, over the winter restoration & transplant. Looking to be on the road this time next year.

Doug

Deimos said:
suppose you wanted to put the supercoupe motor in another car, as far as the engine management systems go what do you need to take with you from the donor? i would want it to work with no codes and no glithches, so there are a few things that are obvious such as the ECU and harness, but would you need the intergrated relay module also? what about the power distribution block? basically what do you need to make the engine run and the A/C work in another car?

what are you trying to put the supercoupe motor in.i have put a supercoupe motor in a mustang. what you wil need is motor,ecu, wire harness,intergrated
relay module, and radiator with fan. as for gages i use autometer, have not
try wiring up stock gages.

it is going in a 1978 280z, when you put it in the mustang was all that was necessary just to hook up the power wires to the ECU and the intergrated relay? am i correct that the relay is the box up front behind the passenger side headlight in the SC? is that called the EECIV module? or somethin else? how does the A/C hook up? did you remove any wires on the harness because there are alot of extras, abs? arc? bs? whats really good?

Back