who ports heads since no more stegs?

kwikcoupe

I had been talking with alocal guy from the board but lost contact. You all seem to know him as catwithboost. I just did a search and found hes having alot of problems with people on the board. Maybe I wont go with him afterall.

Anyway without turning this into a online fight, who is going which directions for head porting and such. Id like a nice set for say 1500-2k here in a few. He sent me his num,bers and though they didnt flow like stegs they sure looked nice. Of course this was a year ago. Anyway just looking for a good head guy(no pun intended) that wants some work and knows these heads. Mike

powerheads.com ... California. .. Some really nice porting done there. High quality porting at a realitely low price.

Anthony

http://www.coymiller.com/heads/heads.htm

http://www.coymiller.com/heads/flowdata.html

I think when I get in the air force I'm going to get a head and cam package, and an autorotor for my 90 SC. Then when I cook the trans I'll put in a lentech street terminator plus. I think Coy's heads are damn fine equipment. I really like Bob Stegemeier's work but I guess you will have a hard time getting him to do a set now, he is busy w/ cobra and lightning stuff now.

Last edited:
Just a heads up... pardon the pun. XR7 Dave is a good resource to consult with, at least, regarding possible performance options for you. He's not publishing numbers as he is promoting a system approach to performance and not chasing the low dollar shopping customer. (Note I said low dollar shopping, not budget minded gearhead)

If you also check the tech forum and search on "head" "port" and then "Randy N Connie" you'll see some comments by him and others on the ideal way to port the heads.

No one really (other thay Coy) is setup to weld the exhaust floors into a D shape exit, but you can do a lot of other work that'll give you decent results.

well Im not going to say Im cheap but am definatly a budget minded gearhead. From what I can see most others are charging around 1400 and down. CMRE is 2300. I know he has flow numbers and is probably the best choice weve got right now but a 1g difference? Is it really worth it. Ive sent email to all the sites listed. Thanks alot I appreciate it. Mike

Hello, there is a possibily we may be doing some head work. We will know more by the end of the week. We we hope to be abble to provide heads and cams, etc. hopefully by the fist of this week or sooner.

We plan to also be providing other services. We will advise the community as soon as we are ready to annonce such services the through our Store.

Thanks very much

Victor and Diane

well congrats victor and diane at wading through yet another tropical storm.

Randy n connie if you were to install these heads and stage 3 plenum with a stock m90 would you lose power as youd probably lose alot of velocity? the reason Im asking is Im about to drop like 3gs into the thunderchicken and am not going to able to afford the ar kit or m112 for a little bit. But until then Im wondering if i should just wait ill next year for your parts and daves ar kit. maybe ill just do routine mainenance this time and keep saving for some real nice parts next year. Thanks Mike

Hey Kwik, if you call powerheads.com , you'll find that it's about $1000-1200 for some great flowing heads. With those heads & Coy's stage 1 cam (easiest way to say it, I know it may not be "his" cam) a buddy of mine has a very nice 13 second car. .. He could have taken it much further, but is way to conservative.

They really do a nice job on head work & the flow #'s are pretty darn good. The price is Very Bareable as well.

Anthony

Supersix motorsports is another option

Tom Yentzer is claiming 224 Intake and 189 exhaust@ .550 lift with no welding on his heads they cost right around 1000.00

Conan56 said:
Tom Yentzer is claiming 224 Intake and 189 exhaust@ .550 lift with no welding on his heads they cost right around 1000.00

According to Coy's flow chart, Coy's stage II heads don't flow 224 until .600" lift, which is too much lift for an SC with a stock block I believe.

Kwikcoupe no you would not lose velocity,you will see a gain
with my parts.Each stage is built for RPM specifics.

You should keep in mind.That I am retiered and disabled.
I am not a vendor,and I don.t make money from the
parts that I have developed on my own for others.I only make
a few peices to help others meet there performance goals.
And when they want a one off part.And I only help out Racers
that want some idea they have, to be devoloped & built.
I only charge for material and tool costs.I not here to make
a living off my freinds on the SCCoA.And I don't step on toes
and copy others work.

I only said at the beginning that I would only produce a certain
number of each stage of manifolds.And I am close to the end .

And the heads I do will only be for a few that are interrested in
setting records.I am not interrested in copying others head
designs.My morals are worth more than others hard work.
and others hard earned money,And I like doing my best to get
along with other innovaitors and sharing ideas instead of
disrspecting others by plegiarizing on the SCCoA T-Bird board.
This can come back and bite a person in many different ways.

I am sure some egotistic vendor that does not mind crippleing
other vendors,& running off every SCCoA innovater. will pick up
my parts.

THANKS RANDY

Last edited:
Back