Could these symtoms be related?

CrazyCouper

There are 3 of them:
1- sound like an intermittent relay under the driver's side dash when cruising.
2- the ARC auto mode doesn't seem to be working (only goes to firm ride when you have the console swith 'on').
3- Factory alarm system goes off for no apparent reason (falsing).

The intermittent relay sound is like a relay opening and closing rapidly, maybe
10-20 times a second and usually happens a couple times each trip.

The firm ride light used to come on when semi-hard braking or going over railroad tracks, now it hardly ever comes on...maybe under VERY HARD braking.

The factory alarm, well I'm not sure.

Could these all be tied to a common cause? Like a sensor that making the 'intermittent relay' sound? I've been unsuccessful trying to dupicate the problem in the driveway.

Thanks for any help/info you could provide.

Bill :)

There's a sensor in the door that might not be mating up and causing alarm probs. I disconnected my factory alarm in the trunk. it was doing the same thing. does your firm ride light flash at all? when you turn the switch on the center console it activates the firm ride. if it's set on auto, your firm ride will come on for hard braking, hard accelerating, hard cornering, and illegally high speeds. sometimes if one of the actuators isn't working you will hear a clicking sound coming from the faulty actuator. usually if that is happening though your firm ride light will blink. if you do a search on these forums you will find a ton of information on both systems.

NMxr7SC said:
There's a sensor in the door that might not be mating up and causing alarm probs. I disconnected my factory alarm in the trunk. it was doing the same thing. does your firm ride light flash at all? when you turn the switch on the center console it activates the firm ride. if it's set on auto, your firm ride will come on for hard braking, hard accelerating, hard cornering, and illegally high speeds. sometimes if one of the actuators isn't working you will hear a clicking sound coming from the faulty actuator. usually if that is happening though your firm ride light will blink. if you do a search on these forums you will find a ton of information on both systems.

I've already done a search on the forum and haven't found anything that really describes the current problem...Negative on the flashing 'firm ride light'
and it's not an actuator (already been there done that)...I know from experience how the ARC system feels and when the suspension is suposed to firm up in auto mode and there's definately a problem...I guess I wondering if the alarm and the ARC share a common shock sensor and if so, where is it?

Back