94/95 blower

chadder1313

Just a quick question. I bought a 94/95 blower and was wondering how much more power can i expect. It has Dr. Fred cam and ported heads along with the 5% jackshaft and blower pulley. As of now the boost is 13psi. What ya guys think. Chad

one million horsepower... muahaahaha....... muahahahah.... muahaha.... muahah... muaha...muah.... ahhh yes... like around 10-25 HP. Depends on your other mods. I bought one too and on the freeways it picks up speed way quicker....

don't forget the additional hp difference when you get it ported out, and add the 2% difference when using the 5% OD pulley made for the '89-'93 sizes. Probably will be more like 35 - 40hp.

20hp- jump from '89-'93 to '94-'95 (factory ratings)
5hp- difference between early and late pulleys (2%)
10-15hp- max porting it out

i think the 20-30 horsepower from 89-93 is a lil too high. Dont forget that the 94-95 engines also had a windage tray that according to books ive read, mostly magazines can add horsepower. Bigger injectors. and anyone wanna throw a bone at this?

Kinda Sorta

darkstar_one said:
the 94-95 engines also had a windage tray that according to books ive read..........can add horsepower.
The windage tray does not add any horsepower. What it does is help prevent the crank from picking up oil outa the oil pan & whipping it around the crank (windage). Imagine the crank spinning in a cloud of oil droplets. Every time the crank hits one of those droplets, it absorbs energy outa the crank. One oil droplet won't rob much energy from the crank, but millions of them will. So the windage tray prevents a parasitic drag on the crank, there by freeing up horsepower, NOT adding horsepower.

It also helps prevent aeration of the oil in the pan. Air doesn't lubricate anything.

68COUGAR

Last edited:
Yes it does add horspower, just like putting on headers adds HP. the potential was already there, you just reduce or remove whatever was inhibiting horspower from actually making it to the flywheel. If you gain 2 more hp by adding synthetic.. guess what.. simple mathematics tells you.. you just added power.

Well thanks you guys and you all answered my questions. Ill get it here in about a few days and cant wait to strap it on. But i cant wait to get that thing ported. Thanks guys. :D

Back