I Was Getting A Bj

MySCRocket1203

i was geting doing my brakes today and i notced something curious no mater how much my buddy pumped the pedal i could not get an ounce of dot 3 formt eh rear breaks. also the brakes dont squeeze i was able to shift the car into nutral and trun the wheels by hand with the brake pedal floored. the question here is it the master cylinder i swear to god if its the amstercylinder im gonna be pissed ahha thanks in advance guys

MySCRocket1203 said:
i was geting doing my brakes today and i notced something curious no mater how much my buddy pumped the pedal i could not get an ounce of dot 3 formt eh rear breaks. also the brakes dont squeeze i was able to shift the car into nutral and trun the wheels by hand with the brake pedal floored. the question here is it the master cylinder i swear to god if its the amstercylinder im gonna be pissed ahha thanks in advance guys
It could be some nasty fluid. I just bled my brakes and the backs were fine but the fronts fluid looked like orange puke with chunks! you need the key on for the backs and the key off for the fronts. others may disagree but that's how i learned to do mine and they work great.

Take the rubber hoses off that lead to the caliper on the rear. Try to blow air through them. If you have no air flow replace the hoses, this means they are collapsed internally and no you cannot visually tell from the outside appearance. I just recently had to do this on my SHO.

Tin-Knocker105 said:
Did You Happen To Have The "key" On If Not You Ain't Gonna Get Squat At The Rear Caliper.

yeah my dad has been working on cars for 30 years ive been doing brake jobs for 5 and you know what it never occured to us that this bastard system called a hydrobooster need the key on to pump no we didnt check the brakes wiht the key on and after much searching of the forums and now your reply it confirmed i am an idiot thanks guys

On pre 93 SC's, the Key must be on and they hydraulic pump functional to bleed the rear brakes. If the hydraulic pump fails, the only circuit that can get pedal pressure is the front brakes. It's the only method of fail-safe in the system.

After 92, they got the different Teves ABS system that uses a vacuum assist and master cylinder with a remote mounted ABS hydraulic module. In that system Fail-safe allows pedal pressure to all wheels.

after i had my abs pump off i had to let it sit all night with the master cyilnder full of fluid then it bled ok i couldnt get anything i was mad so i went to bed the next day it was great i bled them just like your supposed to

Back