my car died....

MyndX91

Hey guys...

I have a 91 SC and it's been running really well.
a few weeks ago I had the AC compressor replaced and again it's been fine.

Today I got in it and it appeared to be ok, I drove for about 3-4 miles, I stopped at a red light and it just stopped. Not even a stall, just flat out died. All the lights in the dash came on including check engine. I tried to restart it and it was making the usual start up noise just wasn't catching. I tried about a dozen times and gave up.

Naturally I freaked out and luckily there was a cop up the street who put the car in Neutral and moved it out of the middle of the intersection for me. It still wouldn't start. After sitting for another 10 minutes it started right up long enough to move it more into the parking space and he turned it off.

I went to drive home and it wouldn't start for me again, this time it took me 3-4 times to get it, but it finally started again.
It's been running fine since, but does anyone have any idea what happened?
Why would it just decide to die?
It had been driven last night and it was fine for me, and when it died today it was the first time it had been on the road....

Anyone got any ideas?

Last edited:
Not sure. I'll have my boyfriend check it out when he gets the chance. He just asked me to post here first since he figured you guys know a lot more about fords than he does, and what the typical problems were. Also, he says that i need a throttle return cable linkage clip because mine fell out, and ford said that it's a discontinued part. Makes it scary when the engine revs up but won't rev down. Anyone know where i can find this part?

Thanks guys. :cool:

Back