NOS 35th Rear Relector Panel worth?

TwoTimeSC

NOS 35th Rear Reflector Panel worth?

Anyone out there have an idea what a NOS 35th Anniversary Rear Reflector Panel, still in the box, is worth?

I have the opportunity to buy one for ~ $165 and wanted to know if this sounds like a good deal or not. I don't want to let it slip through my fingers if it is a decent price. My current one is still in good shape but I'm not sure how hard these are to come by nowadays.

Last edited:
How about nearly impossible. though the only difference between it and standard SC reflectors is the paint on the bird emblems. So you could just repaint a standard one.

But for someone trying to make their car back to factory standards, I'm sure it would be valuable.

TwoTimeSC said:
Anyone out there have an idea what a NOS 35th Anniversary Rear Reflector Panel, still in the box, is worth?

I have the opportunity to buy one for ~ $165 and wanted to know if this sounds like a good deal or not. I don't want to let it slip through my fingers if it is a decent price. My current one is still in good shape but I'm not sure how hard these are to come by nowadays.

If I were restoring a 35th and needed one, I would almost definitely buy it. Sure you might find one cheaper later, but I wouldn't want to miss out.

If it were me, I would jump on it in a heart beat. Now if you deside you are not getting it please pass it on my way.

Shane

Re: ...

I might be interested too..... If the T-bird emblems are in chrome finish. I been looking for a NOS SC rear reflector for quite a while now.

JOE91SC said:
I might be interested too..... If the T-bird emblems are in chrome finish. I been looking for a NOS SC rear reflector for quite a while now.
The emblems are chrome, but the paint around them is blue on the Anniversary stuff, not black.

Thanks

Thanks for the feedback all. I went ahead and picked it up. It'll probably sit on the shelf for now until my wife finds it and says "now what do you need that for....you already have one on your car!" :rolleyes:

Ain't that the way it always goes? :D My wife is the same way, she'll say "you didn't need that". Yeah, but I wanted it and that's as important as needing it. :p ;)

Apparently you haven't heard of the 48 hour rule. I used it to great effect on a new air compressor purchased this past January.

http://www.garagelogic.com/lexicon.htm
The 48-Hour Rule or “You Had Your Chance" -

This rule was established on March 5, 2002 and is as follows: As a reward for a fellow sneaking new and inexpensive cylinders into the Crisis Center and also escaping any female wrath that might accrue from said purchase, the fellow may make up any story he wishes after 48 hours regarding the acquisition. In other words, she gets 48 hours to notice the purchase and complain. If she misses her window, you are home free.

“This old thing,’’ you might say, when, after a week, she finally does notice, “that thing has been here since July.’’

Back