borla

Jason Wild

Is any one running a borla muffler as a resonator and not the magnaflow that is well liked.
I want to run a set up with 3 borlas if your running this set up how does it sound.
thanks Jason

Jason,I have installed the rear section of Wayne's exhaust.The exhaust is mandrel bent stainless 2 1/2" with the small borla's,if you are going to try this setup i would advise the larger Borla's.The exhaust is a little loud with some drone as well.On Saturday morning i am installing a Magnaflow resonator to help out a bit,if you are at the dyno day you can hear it then. :)

I put the entire Borla cat-back system on my 93SC about 2.5 years ago and have never looked back. I love it. It has a resonator and two mufflers plus all the stainless pipe of a cat-back. Still looks like new. I even put wax on the mufflers! To my mind it sounds about as good as a V6 is going to sound. It growls but not like a V8. It does not drone even though I am now running higher RPMs on the freeway with my new 3.27 gears. I highly recommend the Borlas. I plan to replace the stock mufflers on my new Marauder with Borlas soon.

Jon

Jason Wild said:
Is any one running a borla muffler as a resonator and not the magnaflow that is well liked.
I want to run a set up with 3 borlas if your running this set up how does it sound.
thanks Jason
I'm running a Borla XR-1 race muffler as a resonator. Of course, the rest of my exhaust is a hodge-podge of brands and parts, so I can't say what it might sound like on your car. Mine's mid-length headers, 2.5" hi-flo cats, single 3.5" Borla and then dual 2.5" Edlebrock RPM Performer mufflers.

Not sure if this helps.

Exhaust

Jason if you want to hear the before and after of a pair of Borla's 40659 with and without a Magnaflow resonator,i will be at the meeting tonight and on Saturday or Sunday i will have the res installed. :)

well I made my mind up I got a borla to use as a resonator and the two I all ready have out back.
Steve if you want I have a magnaflow resonator forsale let me know if you want to buy it.

I know its not exactly what you're looking for, but just to give you an idea.....not pictured are long tubes without cats.

http://home.comcast.net/~fastsc92/exhaust2.mpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

Sorry Jason i just bought a Magnaflow resonator today,stainless dual 2 1/2".The one you have is probably not the one i ordered as i bought the 4x9 model for clearance issues.

Back