PDA

View Full Version : New Wheel Style Possability

cudaz101
07-12-2005, 10:13 AM
So in working with a manufacturer on another project I stumbled accross this wheel and liked it...So before I stock it I wanted to run it by you all. All responses are wanted...If ya like it speak up, cuz if I don't get any feedback I simply won't bring the wheel in.

Comes in 18X8.5 SILVER or CHROME

http://cudaz101.zoto.com/img/24/9e9309f960385c3ce4c9dd0aa7c8eb50-.jpg (http://cudaz101.zoto.com/user/image_detail/IMG.62.9e9309f960385c3ce4c9dd0aa7c8eb50-_CAT.0/date_uploaded-desc/0-90)

Thanks in advance,

Brad

super red91
07-12-2005, 11:05 AM
I like it, I love wheels that have some lip on them :)

JStudrawa
07-12-2005, 01:30 PM
I like it a lot, as I prefer polished aluminum to chrome.

If that was in a 7-spoke... DAMN!

5 x 4.25?

super red91
07-12-2005, 02:32 PM
Do you have anymore pics and how much would this run?

Blue89SC
07-12-2005, 04:10 PM
nice wheel i would be interested...

btw Ryan i call dibs.. :eek:

super red91
07-12-2005, 04:21 PM
nice wheel i would be interested...

btw Ryan i call dibs.. :eek:

Anus sandwhich

joenintiesc
07-12-2005, 04:33 PM
That wheel is awesome! :D How much?

JStudrawa
07-12-2005, 05:13 PM
If 7 spoke, 5 x 4.25, and under $200 each... I'll take 4 ASAP.

Treys92
07-12-2005, 05:42 PM
love the deep dish look...maybe if you could get ahold of some better pictures of the rim, someone could do a chop and u might get more replies. Either way, i like...how much?

-Trey

cudaz101
07-12-2005, 08:53 PM
Prices are still a mystery as I only saw the wheel among others and thought it was sharp so I simply brought it strait here to see how it would fair with others. Seems as though many like it so I will probably at least proceed toward prices. I think it will be relativley easy to keep the Silver finish under $200ea by a fair margin. Chrome on the other hand may end up being right at $200ea...Ya just never know for sure...

Stay tuned I should know something soon on this.

AND THANKS for all the feedback...I would like to see ALOT more though.

Brad

Mike8675309
07-12-2005, 10:47 PM
Hmmmm. I like'um that one. 17" would be the diameter I'd be looking at.

kwikcoupe
07-13-2005, 03:14 AM
if its light and not too pricy id go for it. Looks kinda sport tuner though in a 5 spoke. Im also a honda guy though. Just out of curiosity not trying to thread jack but the coolest wheels id like to see on my thinderbird are those foose rims on the 200 thunderbird he did for sema. I cant remember the name but ohhhhh sexy. I think they only came in 4x4.5 mustang hub though if I can remember. Mike

JStudrawa
07-13-2005, 09:13 AM
Sorry, I don't want to give a false read. IF they were in 7-spoke with 5x4.25, I would buy them. As they are 5-spoke, I will be going with a set of Konigs.

Didn't want you counting on my feedback too much, though they are sharp.

Blue89SC
07-13-2005, 10:18 AM
i would buy a set now if they were offered... would like to see a polished offering though....but if not i could live with chrome

Brando B
07-15-2005, 04:19 AM
Saw an SC with Enkei RS6 and I thought they looked good, but that style only came in 7inch wide. However, I did find these other styles at the Enkei website and was wondering if any of you have seen these on another T-bird. They are the style LX-M and Enkei offers them in 18x8.5 and 20x8.5 sizes for our bolt pattern.

http://www.enkei.com/LuxurySpecs/lxm.html

Brando

cudaz101
07-15-2005, 02:08 PM
Saw an SC with Enkei RS6 and I thought they looked good, but that style only came in 7inch wide. However, I did find these other styles at the Enkei website and was wondering if any of you have seen these on another T-bird. They are the style LX-M and Enkei offers them in 18x8.5 and 20x8.5 sizes for our bolt pattern.

http://www.enkei.com/LuxurySpecs/lxm.html

Brando

Now...If only they actually made it. Maybe they do, I have not contacted that wheel manufacturer is a year or so. Last I knew they had a list of 5-108 product listed on their website and produced none of them. Many manufacturers practice this same thing for some reason. So what their website says they have/Make may or may not hold much water.

But yea...It is hard to find a wheel with a 8-9" width in our pattern so it would be worth a call to see whats up. Don't be too surprised if they don't exist though...

SO....Back to the wheel on topic???

Brad

Mike8675309
07-15-2005, 11:23 PM
Still like the one we're looking at in a 17" size.

cudaz101
07-16-2005, 03:45 AM
Still like the one we're looking at in a 17" size.

Mike,
It is tough as heck to find a 17" wheel besides the CobraR that is over 7-7.5" wide....I have one and only one 17X8 wheel option. This particular wheel is only casted in 18X8.5 and nothing else I'm afraid.

The 17X8 I have is a Saleen Speed Star knock-off by Eagle...There are only like 8 left in the country and they don't plan to ever cast them again...

http://cudaz101.zoto.com/img/24/3a9246d903ecc92dd73bb834bdfac915-.jpg (http://cudaz101.zoto.com/user/image_detail/IMG.232.3a9246d903ecc92dd73bb834bdfac915-_CAT.0/date_uploaded-desc/180-90)

Cheers,

Brad

BT Motorsports
07-16-2005, 05:22 AM
ooops, wrong thread

cudaz101
07-16-2005, 04:11 PM
ooops, wrong thread

I think I am being stalked.. :eek:

Lil too hasty there Paul??? :p

Cheers,

Brad

Mike8675309
07-16-2005, 10:16 PM
Don't sweat it. I don't have money burning a hole in my pocket right now to have anyone pining anything on me. Just setting my own expectations more than anything.

Once I decide on my final brake configuration I'll know better what my minimum wheel size is going to be.

Thomas A
07-17-2005, 01:52 AM
Hey Brad, what's going on? Thought I would just add to the new wheel discussion here.

In the future, I would like to find some lightweight wheels for my SC, in a 17" size. My goal is 20lbs or less per wheel. A set of Welds would be ideal, but I know that is a long shot. That is why I really like the ADR rims, and hope that maybe they can offer more size options in the future. I will be searching for a 17x7 for the fronts, and a 17x10 for the rears.

If a wheel company would be willing to make a light wieght version of the "Cobra R", I think they would have a real market. I don't think too many people really realize how heavy these rims are, and what it does to the performance of your car. If I could get a light wieght Cobra R in the sizes listed above, I'd be all over them.

Anyway, I'm more or less just thinking out loud. I will most likely end up having to go to a 5x4.5" pattern to find something.

Thomas

cudaz101
07-17-2005, 09:38 PM
Hey Brad, what's going on? Thought I would just add to the new wheel discussion here.

In the future, I would like to find some lightweight wheels for my SC, in a 17" size. My goal is 20lbs or less per wheel. A set of Welds would be ideal, but I know that is a long shot. That is why I really like the ADR rims, and hope that maybe they can offer more size options in the future. I will be searching for a 17x7 for the fronts, and a 17x10 for the rears.

If a wheel company would be willing to make a light wieght version of the "Cobra R", I think they would have a real market. I don't think too many people really realize how heavy these rims are, and what it does to the performance of your car. If I could get a light wieght Cobra R in the sizes listed above, I'd be all over them.

Anyway, I'm more or less just thinking out loud. I will most likely end up having to go to a 5x4.5" pattern to find something.

Thomas

Thomas,
It would be nice...I agree...Although close to unthinkable that anything like that would be made to our specs in a CobraR or likewise.

Short of an ADR or a wheel of the likes you may very well have to go with a hub-swap. ADR does make wider wheels but for whatever reason they are not inclined to make those wheels in our bolt pattern. I have basically no input on what they produce although I have made my case many times via my ADR Rep...Ya never know though...It could happen...heh

Brad

XxSlowpokexX
07-17-2005, 11:50 PM
A weld type wheel (at least lightweight ones) would be no good with any type of a low profile tire and will never be DOT approved.

Lightweight is noce but not at the expence of any type of durability

Thomas A
07-18-2005, 12:33 AM
Well, if I end up switching bolt patterns, I'm kinda leaning towards these ADR rims. I think they look pretty decent. I'd go with a 17x7 up front and a 18x9.5 in the rear.

http://www.adrwheels.com/sfImages.large/188.jpg

Unless you want to just go ahead and get them to make them in a 108mm size :D

Thomas

Sharon Silver
07-21-2005, 08:33 PM
Custom Wheels Market has a Cobra R, 17 X 9, 5 X 108, 21lbs, $200 ea. no shipping, made by Detroit Wheel. I've got them on my '92 Sport and am very satisfied. I tried them on my '95SC and they just barely scraped the spindle. I'm going to try a 1/4 inch spacer and see how that feels. It should be enough room.

Thomas A
07-21-2005, 11:59 PM
Hrrmm... I have Detriot Design Cobra R's myself, and they felt much heavier then 20lbs. They are for sure a lot heavier then my 18" ADR's. Maybe they have changed them since, or perhaps the Chrome ones weight more for some unexplainable reason??

Thomas

cudaz101
07-22-2005, 12:34 AM
Hrrmm... I have Detriot Design Cobra R's myself, and they felt much heavier then 20lbs. They are for sure a lot heavier then my 18" ADR's. Maybe they have changed them since, or perhaps the Chrome ones weight more for some unexplainable reason??

Thomas

Meh....I don't think its your imagination Thomas or a change in the cast. They are as heavy as ever and Detroit is no longer making the wheels for the tbird bolt pattern and spec anyways. When the available stock is gone thats it...Silver Cobra R's are already depleted from Detroits inventory and soon all the other finishes will be as well.

Where this thread is in regards to a NEW wheel style I don't see how the availabilaty of the CobraR that has been around for several years really belongs here but whatever... :rolleyes:

Too bad someone got whacked by Custom Wheels Market when I sell the same thing for much less shipped free as well...hahaha...Once again..Whatever...

Also Thomas...In regards to the ADR M-Sport...They are available in a Tbird Bolt pattern in 19X8.5 in Gloss Black, Hyper Silver and Flat Black ONLY...I have been told that it could be in the coming that they do the rest of them in a 5-108 as well...Just not for the time being.

Cheers,

Brad

Thomas A
07-22-2005, 01:04 AM
Saweeeet. If they ever do the M-Sport in an HMC 5x4.25", let me know. I'd be in for a set!

Thomas

Brando B
07-24-2005, 11:44 AM
Brad, how much are the 19x8.5 ADR M-sport in gloss black?

Thanks,
Brando

cudaz101
07-25-2005, 12:38 AM
Brad, how much are the 19x8.5 ADR M-sport in gloss black?

Thanks,
Brando

Brando, Email me and we can proceed that way.

CUDAZ101@YAHOO.COM

Brad

Blue89SC
08-09-2005, 11:01 PM
any new info on these wheels??? btw what brand and style are they?? the pics on the first page arent coming up for me...

cudaz101
08-09-2005, 11:47 PM
My pics are not up because I lost the hosting. If you would like to see them just email me and I will get some pics out to you.

The wheels would be my own brand I guess since they would come direct from the casting facility to me.

Brad

cudaz101
02-08-2006, 01:09 PM
Well after going through all the motions to get a wheel casted for a specific application and being told it was all a go I am now informed that this particular wheel is not to be casted for any other customer besides the one that holds the casting contract for this wheel. So it is someones exclusive wheel and it can't be casted for me....heh...Wow...What a waste of my time.

Anyways, you will notice in the POLL forum I have started a Poll for some new wheels AGAIN...I know I have done this a few times now but we are finally looking at making the final decision on some replica wheels to be casted. I am going to pick three styles among all the wheels pictured. Please put your inputs on the POLL to best help us decide on the wheels of choice. We would appreciate it ALOT...

Cheers,

Brad

Thomas A
02-08-2006, 01:43 PM
Thanks for all your efforts on this Brad! I'll go check out the poll.

Thomas

83GT460
02-08-2006, 02:13 PM
Well after going through all the motions to get a wheel casted for a specific application and being told it was all a go I am now informed that this particular wheel is not to be casted for any other customer besides the one that holds the casting contract for this wheel. So it is someones exclusive wheel and it can't be casted for me....heh...Wow...What a waste of my time.

Anyways, you will notice in the POLL forum I have started a Poll for some new wheels AGAIN...I know I have done this a few times now but we are finally looking at making the final decision on some replica wheels to be casted. I am going to pick three styles among all the wheels pictured. Please put your inputs on the POLL to best help us decide on the wheels of choice. We would appreciate it ALOT...

Cheers,

Brad

This looks just like the wheels I have on my car!

Charles

cudaz101
02-08-2006, 03:04 PM
This looks just like the wheels I have on my car!

Charles

Meh...The spoke itself has about the same width and I see a likeness, But exact is a stretch...Look at the depth of the center and the deep dish of the outer lip. Also the spoke takes a drastic angle on the outer area. Regardless is won't be casted by me..

Thomas...Thanks man...I am still working on the POLL...heh...Had a snag with my pictures so I am working it out right now.

Thanks,

Brad