New cam?

matteo

I was talking to victor (spinning wheels) and he said cams are what really make a huge difference in the SC. you guys have any input? Because I don’t know anything about which cam to get or what to expect or what limitations there are. Pretty much I don’t know anything about cams and I’d like your guy's input. You’re all a very opinionated group. ;)

Oh and David N, I found out I can swap my unopened set of 3.73s for some 3.55s at no charge, so I did. :D

You really need to do your research before deciding on a cam profile. It all depends on what you want from your SC. Will you be running stock heads? If not, depending on the cam, you may or may not need different springs and pushrods. Some people like the lopey idle of a more aggressive cam, others don't. Some cam profiles will give you more top end power at the expense of power on the low end. Or vice versa. You can now get a "new" cam ground from a blank billet core. Or you can just send in a stock cam for a regrind.

Generally if you want to use stock heads and springs, keep the lift under .500.

I think there is plenty of informative discussions on cams if you do a search here. But nobody can really give you a specific answer without knowing the many, many variables of your specific application!

hey joe thanks for the reply i havent talked to in some time i was just talk about you and wife with my girlfriend melanie i have not had my car on the road really try to get there and i have not able to get to the meets well hope to see all you guys soon as my car is running. thanks for the reply and if you or know anyone that could help me maybe give me a call 732-581-3858 thanks. steven

Well i just got done putting a cam in my car. I did the Dr. Fred cam and have no problems really except for i need to get it tuned. I would recomind the Dr. Fred cam. Its a 520 lift so i did have to get longer pushrods and srings. What you guys think about the Dr. Fred cam?

Coy 1

I really like my Coy Miller Stage 1 cam. It must make a ton of hp/tq on the top end, cuz I generally run 5 mph faster than the guys running the same time. And that's with the car wheel hoppin' like a mutha!!!!!

68COUGAR

Back