Easiest way to replace fog light bulb?

TealThunder

Do I have to remove the entire front bumper cover, just to replace a burnt out bulb? I know, on my 94, If they needed to be adjusted, I needed to take off the front bumper cover.

Here's what the factory manual says...

Fog Lamp Bulb Removal

1. Remove two screws retaining fog lamp assembly to mounting bracket.

NOTE: Access screws from front of vehicle, through bottom of fog lamp opening in bumper cover.

2. Pull fog lamp out through bumper cover opening.
3. Disconnect wiring connector from bulb socket.
4. Rotate bulb and socket to remove bulb from lamp.

Installation

1. Install new bulb and socket into lamp assembly and rotate to lock.

NOTE: Do not touch the new bulb with bare hands. The stains will cause contamination of the quartz which may result in early failure of the lamp. Do not remove the protective plastic sleeve until the lamp is inserted into the socket. Ensure the circuit is not energized. If the quartz was inadvertently handled, it should be cleaned with a clean cloth moistened with alcohol before installation.

2. Connect wiring connector to bulb socket.
3. Push lamp into bumper cover opening and locate on mounting bracket.
4. Install two retaining screws to mounting bracket.

This came from the '92 factory service manual, but it should be similar for other years...

Larry is right, of course - but if you're carefull you can change them by just laying down and putting your hand up under the bumper. iit's just a little awkward because the bulb holder is recessed inside the hole in lamp hanger.

Yep, that's how I did it....

I didn't have the manual the last time I had to change one of my bulbs, so I reached in from underneath. It was a pain trying to get it to line up properly...

Back