weird pulley change ?

joker12552

Went to put a 5% pully on my s/c last night. Removed the sc belt and took the nut of the pulley. Had my pulley remover all ready to take the stock pulley off, and the freaking thing just slid right off, without using the puller at all. The new one slid right on as well. Anyone know why this may be? The car is hitting right at 14 lbs of boost at wot, and I dont see anything that would make me think the belt or pulley is slipping but I am a little concerned after reading alot of threads that say you HAVE to have a puller to get the thing off with.

joker12552 said:
Went to put a 5% pully on my s/c last night. Removed the sc belt and took the nut of the pulley. Had my pulley remover all ready to take the stock pulley off, and the freaking thing just slid right off, without using the puller at all. The new one slid right on as well. Anyone know why this may be? The car is hitting right at 14 lbs of boost at wot, and I dont see anything that would make me think the belt or pulley is slipping but I am a little concerned after reading alot of threads that say you HAVE to have a puller to get the thing off with.

Hmmmm, someone has been eating their vitamins! :p Is the "key" in the spline of the snout intact?

I'd say you're a lucky SOB. As long as there is no play and the key and keyway are not worn or damaged - just make sure you put some loctite on the outer nut threads and torque to about 35 ft.lbs.

I bent the stock pulley up like a pretzel getting it off....but the overdrive pulleys I installed afterwards would come off real easy.

David

Back