Electric Eaton....

Works great on small engines. They run higher than 12V usually about 36. I haven't asked Geoff Knight if they are regular starter motors just run at higher voltage or specially wound motors. I would guess just regular ones.

Jeff

Use a Smog pump for the go-cart. Also there is a rare smog pump from the early 70's Porche that is a roots and is perfect for that application. I have seen them on ebay from time to time.

Jeff

J57ltr said:
Use a Smog pump for the go-cart. Also there is a rare smog pump from the early 70's Porche that is a roots and is perfect for that application. I have seen them on ebay from time to time.

Jeff

No BS!!!

That is awesome!

When I was about 12 my friends Dad used a Smog pump from a late 70's BBC truck. He used an oiler and filled it with Marvel Mystery oil to lube the pump. He had a VW Bettle and had a Judson Supercharger on it and since the Smog pump was the same style of pump (rotary vane) he thought why not use a smog pump for the 5 HP Briggs. It worked like a champ. At the time this was the only gocart that I had ever seen with a 5HP (others were 3-3.5). It was awsome with just the 5. It made about 4psi and he used a fuel pressure gauge for the boost gauge. It sure would smoke a tire.

Jeff

J57ltr said:
When I was about 12 my friends Dad used a Smog pump from a late 70's BBC truck. He used an oiler and filled it with Marvel Mystery oil to lube the pump. He had a VW Bettle and had a Judson Supercharger on it and since the Smog pump was the same style of pump (rotary vane) he thought why not use a smog pump for the 5 HP Briggs. It worked like a champ. At the time this was the only gocart that I had ever seen with a 5HP (others were 3-3.5). It was awsome with just the 5. It made about 4psi and he used a fuel pressure gauge for the boost gauge. It sure would smoke a tire.

Jeff

Did it get the supercharger wine ;)

Couldn't really hear it over the "header" which was just a piece of pipe about 18" long with a support. I do remember that pipe hot real hot ;) . The inlet just had a breather filter on it so it was kinda muffled unlike the exhaust.

Jeff

Back