quick question

midgetchaser

I drove my car to get the rest of the exhaust done today. The shop is only 2-3 miles away and the car drove fine all the way there. then i parked it and went in to talk to the guy about it. then we started it to put it on the lift and it was fine. When we were done looking at it and we went to take it off the lift it had a hard time starting but eventually started. Then i turned it off again once i got it off the lift and went inside to talk to them again. But when i came back out to start it up again it wouldnt start. it was turning over and gave a few chugs but wouldnt start completly. Is why it wouldnt start becasue of the lack of backpressure? or somemhting totally differnt? all i have on the car is headers by the way

Last edited:
lack of back pressure will NEVER cause a car to not start. You will loose a bit of low end torque but thats it. Back pressure is never a GOOD thing when trying to get the most power from an engine... if it was .... drag racers would not run open exhuast and do everything they can to eliminate it.

Sorry, I can't tell you why yer car wont start, but it's not from lack of back pressure.

i went through a few old posts and that seems like whut it might be. If it starts tomorrow then thats whut it is. all of the posts i read say that after the car is warm it wouldnt start but if they let it cool down it would start again. so we shall c whut happens.

I went to pick up the car today and it started, but once I put it in drive or reverse it wants to die could this still be the cam sensor?

Back