how difficult to change brake pressure switch?

ebodycab

do I need a special socket? easiest way to change it? is there a cheaper place to buy one than Ford dealer? thanks!

its kinda hard to get to and i never had a problem with mine but i did replace it once i thought i just found a wrench to fit , on mine the brushes in the pump went bad about 210 thousand miles, i could bump the pump with a broom handle with the key on and it would run

Last edited:
I have worked on my brake unit and replaced it multipule times. The "special socket" is the easiest way. After trying to screw around with channel locks and wrenches to loosen the switch with the unit on the car, it was really difficult. So I broke down and bought the socket from Rotunda, I believe. That is the company that makes special tools for Ford. It was $50 bucks for a large, multi-sided, deepwell socket. You unplug the connection, slip it on, add extentions and u-joints and unscrew.

Or you could competely take out the brake unit to get a normal wrech on it, then reinstall it and have to bleed the brakes again :(

Good luck,

Metalman

Back